• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Backhand

Reaction score
It's getting nearly impossible to pull anything from a thrift. It's probably been a year since I've seen a wearable tie. I'm finding I really have to hustle to get my hands on an interesting piece. A few things the thread will like. The recliner replaces the other one I found and sold this winter.

View attachment 1222388
Yeah its been dry lately but cant complain as last month was my best ever with 2 recent EZ suits some recent canali for personal and a current BC. Some of you here... just wow. Now for something that isnt amazing but I like the slow, patient hunt sometimes:

A personal pop on Facconable, which I pass on constantly because its overrated and the thrifts overprice it but this 3 roll 2 corduroy with very soft shoulders and light construction fits me perfectly... even the surgeon's cuffs arent a dealbreaker as the arms are an excellent length. Watched it for over a month and snagged at half off as it was overpriced. Yes new it was certainly overpriced at Neiman Marcus as well because its got light fusing and made in Romania but its an ideal travel blazer for me, requiring no alterations and decent enough quality to subject to the abuses of travel. Meant to be for a few bucks.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe not brag-worthy, but I like this tie, and I'm trying to remember where I've seen this logo. Anyone know the maker?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Shiny

Reaction score
Some good finds lately.
Hartmann all-leather case:

I braved the Savers 1/2 off sale because I hid a Brooks SC in the women's section the day b4. It was gone, but I did get these. They must have just put these out because everything else was shite:

Patagucci day pack. Already sold:

Thick cotton (and selvedge!) work shirt. Really impressed with this one. Probably unavailable:

Pleated pents, $8. And, check out the center belt loop and snap crotchal flaps!

3X VTG political shirts. $2 each. That Trump dude will like these, lol.

Something for personal. I shared one of these recently. I had to return that one as the security tag really made a hole in it. I think that last one was from Macys. TJ maxx did a much better job:

All these are my size, but the Zanetti made in China fits me the best :oops: Zegna and Canali $10 each; zanetti $4.

Robert Barakeet for $2. I've been looking for a polo shirt with a long "lay flat" heavy collar for a long time. When I throw on a SC with a regular polo shirt, I look like Jim Gaffigan doing a set:

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The scuttlebutt online is Jacob Roberts for Nordstrom. The RN# goes to "Mannex Cravats of California".
Thank you! Mannex didn't mean anything to me, but Jacobs Roberts does.

Shiny

Reaction score
Pt 2
3 button with a lot of handiwork, $17, .

Minty AE Park aves, $16:

Calf aldens in need of some polish and TLC. These have a good number of scuffs, but the leather that Alden uses is top quality. $9.99+tax.

Shell(!) alden/brooks tassels for a steal. gotta love it.

NWOT FF Zegna pents. $4. :Made in Romania (i think).

Pop! on the St. Laurents:

And finally, Pretty dreamy, midweight, chalk, Corn suit, $16.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lunch time OCD, the bottom tweed from J.K. Bowling I found a couple months ago not knowing without the original strap, marginal, silly strap is worth 2 to 3 times the bag. Today, voila!
View attachment 1222910
Lunch bag brag synergy:
Tumi garment bagon bottom, vintage Bulls Starter duffle, TM 1985 top loading duffle, nice Gustin henley for good measure, PPU <$8 after discount. :)
20190813_135643.jpg

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.