• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the field, nothing on checkaflip/eBay on mobile... this a thing?

image.jpg

Made in Italy, cotton blend olive green flat front khakis.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, forgot about the HPM100. The ST70 is about 35wpc. Should get the speakers to decent party level, but they probably want more power.

Research Russian 5AR4. Sovtek and Svetlana are good brands. There's also solid state rectifiers that are on sockets you can plug in place of the tube.

Wouldn't hurt to ask what happened to the rest of the gear.

Thanks for the tip. I'll pull that tube before trying to test it. Yes, going back tomorrow. Getting a free tube tester, as well as a bunch more "boat anchors" (old tube HAM radio gear).

Cool, I'll check those out.

I did get speakers too. The thing is, all this stuff was his "old" gear stored in a back basement storage room. I found owners manuals for Ohm speakers, Audio Research gear, Marantz amps and pre amps, Heathkit, etc. No idea where that stuff went....

View attachment 1034122

View attachment 1034123

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been busy with a baby so I haven't gotten out very much but I did have to take a detour on my way home from work yesterday and ended up (mostly) filling a cart for the first time in like 2 years.
IMG_7283.jpg

2 faves from the cart:

Anyone know an approximate date for this Schott? I've never seen them use this font. Big ass Talon zipper, shearling-lined leather. Seems old. Sorry about the label getting blocked by the tag but I had to brag about the price I paid.
IMG_7281.jpg

#2 cool thing. was just thinking about how I hadn't found RRL in forever and then I found 2 pieces in 3 days.
IMG_7280.jpg

Didn't buy this but I've been kicking myself and may go back and grab it because I'm curious about how the story plays out.
IMG_7278.jpg
IMG_7279.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone know an approximate date for this Schott? I've never seen them use this font. Big ass Talon zipper, shearling-lined leather.

Likely 70s, but thats a sherpa lining, not shearling.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings all! I'm at Disney! Full on dadcore thrift fit
View attachment 1034215

Massimo Dutti cotton linen shirt, vtg Mickey tee, BR linen shorts, NB miUSA 1300s

I have a couple of hours on Saturday morning. Anyone willing to share a couple of good stores in the Kissamee are close to the park? If there are any!

Cheers to the new thread!
John
Most are bunk in that area you really got to be in Miami area. It's not a terribly long drive just watch out for Turkey's. I bought hit one once not knowing florida had wild turkeys running around. It's a complete crap shoot near the park .

ZGHCU

Reaction score
Unfortunately the C&J "shells" I ethrifted the other day weren't exactly shell. Description said shell cordovan and the guy had potato pics so I bought them based solely off the description. Ended up requesting a return as soon as I saw the creases.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics