• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
where is the mirror from though? i figured either some colony or very rural place the crown with lightning shooting out of it is boss
My first thought when I found it was Central or South American. Appraiser doesn’t know for sure either, but said most likely Spanish Colonial, very likely Central or South American.

You can see remnants of red and green paint, along with the gilding—a polychrome pattern very common to Spain/Spanish work.

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

double00

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
on the random find train here's something i picked up (some things are hard to photo!):

IMGP5523.JPG

other side
IMGP5525.JPG
gnarly cookie jar? i'm really not sure but couldn't refuse.

Centaurus3200

Reaction score
That's awesome!

I still have my camera find sitting on a shelf. A 1952 Canon IVSB for $15.

I'd try and take it for a spin, but the fucker is more complicated than the space shuttle.

FB_IMG_1563511260004.jpg

So did some research and I got myself a pretty rare and collectible Leica IC made from 1949-1951.and it's in mint condition.i will post some pics tomorrow but this is one with a normal lens and viewfinder mounted .
View attachment 1209006View attachment 1209007

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably late pass on this
but if you didn't see what ended up happening

one guy bought 99 / 100 pairs. and i'm sure he'll make sure he wins pair #100
I guess their plan worked: some rich dude with bad taste in sneakers bought all of em. Those were so insanely overpriced and 2/3 trash.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I seem to recall that @barrelntrigger once posted an ancient Japanese vase or something like that. I don’t remember how old it was.
It was a Chinese vase from the Ming dynasty I think and I hope. Long time no see, guys! Haven't been on here in years! Lol life got busy. I've been doing lots of ot. It beats the money I was making from thrifting. Lol been traveling, too. Haven't been into the fashion scene lately. But did get some hookup with some stuff.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what’s the record for oldest item posted here? got an appraisal back on the nightmare mirror, and turns out it’s likely late 17th century. gonna hang it, I think it’s amazing.
I can't remember if I posted this before. I found it in a flea market at the start of last year. It's an empty bottle of the "eau de Cologne" made in Cologne by Johanne Maria Farina. The first edc made in 1709 came in a long tubular bottle. This is a later release, still probably 18th century.

Attachments

goatamous

Reaction score
I guess their plan worked: some rich dude with bad taste in sneakers bought all of em. Those were so insanely overpriced and 2/3 trash.
but but they're going in a museum!
it's for all people to enjoy them!

(totally overpriced)

i'm sure guy will bid on those moon shoes as well and probably pay way too much on those, too

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.