1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Jompso

Jompso Distinguished Member

Next solid item you thrift, search that dude out, then proceed to tell him how much your gonna make off of it. Then downplay the number like it's pennies even though you'll both know it's half his weekly take home after taxes. Then tell him you'll probably make more off the shit you stole the other week than what your holding, then passively say "told you you should have checked the tapes." Then walk out.....If a man is going to come at you for you doing nothing wrong but your job, the proceed to assassinate character and insinuate felonious behavior, you have every right to emasculate this man in a manner that will leave him totally hating his life. People need to learn their boundaries and to watch their fucking mouths and it sounds like this guy needs a fucking taste.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

2. double00

double00 Distinguished Member

@Jompso thats cool. we both find great value in direct experience. but i will say i've learned a bunch, gotten ideas, rejected ideas, etc from this thread without hardly asking anything.

somebody should post a carrot top routine with the contents of the KnowBox.

3. Jompso

Jompso Distinguished Member

Your absolutely right, I have acquired a great deal, I cannot speak enough to what this thread has brought to me and my thrifting, I sorta overlooked it, however I also categorized it in the self reliance category too, because although you are gaining knowledge from others, it is on you and only you to retain it and put it to use. But your absolutely correct.

4. vexco

vexco Distinguished Member

Some stuff from yesterday. I'm happy with trad finds. Everything available per usual.

Vintage BB ties. The 2 on the right are crazy.

[​IMG]

AE Madrid's I posted earlier.

[​IMG]

Vintage BB trench with hidden placket 38R, Aquascutum packable trench

[​IMG]

Crazy RT seersucker

[​IMG]

First time hitting tees really. Made in USA Nike, a couple of mid 90's 50/50's and a Sunspel tee. Sunspel seems to kill on ebay.

[​IMG]

2 x BB Wash n wear suits. 44R's

[​IMG]

Vintage BB flannel pinstripe. Flat fronts and such. 44R

[​IMG]

Old ass HF flat-front gingham check pants and old BB green trousers.

[​IMG]

Made in USA PRL 100% camel hair. 44L

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

5. cpmac7

cpmac7 Distinguished Member

Wow, its different if he catches someone stealing and says what he did, but to just say that with no evidence? I am not sure how I would respond, but I know I wouldnt leave there without completely tearing this guy (in womens clothing) a new one. I am not a confrontational person either but when people like to run there mouth they should be able to back it up or at least face the consequences.

+100

6. Koala-T

Koala-T Distinguished Member

I'd just ask to speak with his supervisor. And if he is the supervisor, ask for the number of his district manager. If they go back and look through how much you spend there, they'll tear the guy a new asshole for you.

7. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Distinguished Member

Went out today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Parody of the 60's china's cultural revolution's red guard. It reads red duck guards, sort of. Must wear this to China. Made in usa. $2.20. Why not. Size 42-44 kinda tight on me. Wife suggests i shouldn't wear it to China. What does she know. Pffffftttt.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not sure if this is the Polo I've been looking for but made in usa and was $3. Why not.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Baller ass vintage made in usa BB blackwatch! Unstructured! Triple patch og! My favorite BB piece ever! Found this tucked away between 2 sweaters.
    [​IMG]
    Shout outs to my boy, troika for helping to id these. The insoles are gone but in great once worn condition with margom soles. We think this is bottega veneta crisscross leather woven slip on sneakers. I think these might be buttero. Anyways, this is almost thrift prices. Not a bad day.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015

8. vexco

What's the size on the slip-ons?

9. barrelntrigger

Euro 45

10. vexco

PM incoming? :B

11. barrelntrigger

Forgot these fodders.
    [​IMG]
    Also koped this. gonna finish this in a week and return this to get my money back or to Kopp the Phantom pain.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015

12. vexco

Mgs5 is so worth it.

13. Cj52racers

Cj52racers Distinguished Member

My phone ring used to be a codec sound. Metal gear is my shit. Grew up playing the original on NES. Just picked up Phantom. Need to carve out some time to crush that

14. Doomsticks

Doomsticks Senior Member

Is there a woven detail on the heel? My woven bottegas has a detail on the heel plus is say bottega veneta on the sole. And I think its diemme who makes for bottega.

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]