The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Woofa

Woofa Senior member

Congrats on the POP. FYI, Norton Ditto is a high ends menswear store in Houston. I have seen this type of branding previously on Aldens for a Dallas menswear store. Just on one shoe and I almost missed it on a pair of non shell Aldens. The more I do this though, the easier it is to pick out quality shoes like Aldens from amongst the junk.

2. Letric

Letric Senior member

Hmm... Those KVA's were like $80 at a consignment shop. I can probably get the price down a bit. I see a couple on Grailed for like $200 - 300... But that's Grailed. They were size EU 45, or about an 11.5 - 12 US if anyone wants a proxy.

3. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Not yet. I got too many shows to watch. Need to catch up on ray Donovan, the stain, z nation, and a few more.

4. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

morning tv show talk. How did Z nation progress, was a bit cheesy? at the beginning. Worth the watch?

5. barrelntrigger

Z Nation is very cheesy. Tongue in cheek humor. I think its worth the watch if you are a zombie fan but don't take the genre so seriously. So, if you like The Walking Dead but just not so dark, you might like the show. I mean for god's sake, it had a zombie baby in it. lolz The Strain doesn't have the greatest production but it's Guillermo del Toro. So, if you like him, you should give it a watch. Also, gonna check out Heroes Reborn.

6. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

I've watched both episodes of heroes so far, not sure what I think about it. Than again, I never watched the original. Let me know what you think

7. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

Rick and Morty. [​IMG]

if you haven't seen it? you are missing out.

8. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

:bounce2: Ooh, ooh, I've been looking for one of these in my size for years!
    :fu:
    Yep, Palm Beach Cloth. Generally only desirable if it says Goodall or Goodall-Sanford Co. on the label. If it says "Palm Beach Company", that's a later version that's not the real stuff.

9. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

co-sign

10. barrelntrigger

Big ups to @Takai for a trade which got me one of these or a very similar one. Your box is going out today.

11. TheODGuy

TheODGuy Senior member

It was me whom picked it up. It was a pair of "Multi-lace" Lows. KVA has a good following, and do pretty well on those "other sites. I wouldn't consider them a "SUPER" grail SWD item, however definitely rare to find within thrift stores.

12. eazye

eazye Senior member

Vintage Miyata (wife's bike that she never rides), vintage Triumph that I thrifted for $25, came with a brooks saddle.

Yea, they did a great job copying my pants. Warning, it did take 2 months, but that is because they were making a fresh pattern for me. Going forward, now that they have it made, I can just use the order number to have more made in the same exact cut and it shouldn't take nearly as long. I highly recommend them.

My wife and I are going as Pablo Escobar and a kilo of coke for Halloween this year. :slayer:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

13. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

I found an awesome cream colored palm beach cloth jacket a month ago and saw that the bottom half had sever water damage and looked at the tag inside and found it was made by a tailor in New Orleans, Louisiana

14. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

If it was mid-40s or before and size 38 or bigger, someone might still want it as a restoration project. Especially if it had a belted back. White/cream PBC is the ne plus ultra of vintage summer suiting, and it's very desirable.

15. dukedishin

dukedishin Senior member

These are awesome.