1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Distinguished Member

So much win in there.
    Those are super sharp. Nice finds.

2. turkey_sandwich

turkey_sandwich Senior Member

3. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Distinguished Member

My wife rescued this from the garage sale pile at her aunts house
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015

4. Chotii

Chotii Senior Member

5. Letric

Letric Distinguished Member

So those are the To Boot's on the right? What size are those? [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015

6. Doomsticks

Doomsticks Senior Member

[​IMG]

Just realized why I love above shown takeaway place so much @spooPoker

7. ejay1

ejay1 Senior Member

Sorry neither of them are 40R.

8. ejay1

ejay1 Senior Member

Wow hopefully I can get that much. I was looking at the Loro Piana website and did see the Vicuna version. Unfortunately this one is only cashmere.

9. ejay1

ejay1 Senior Member

Splendid fit

10. Cj52racers

Cj52racers Distinguished Member

Haha, I love this thread.

11. Mr G from SD

Mr G from SD Senior Member

All those are 12s, and fit me pretty well. Already wore those bad boys to the grocery store, got some breaking in to do.

Now what I'm curious about is why the original owner was happy selling these 3 pairs to the shop for only about $20 each. Crazy.

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

ha, nice. Available?

13. Letric

Letric Distinguished Member

Ahh, okay. I thought they looked somewhat big, and was hoping them TBNY's were 13-14. Those are pretty wicked.

Yeah sometimes it amazes me what people sell their shit to Buffalo / trade shops for. Have scored 2 Filson jackets at those places that were $50 each, so the seller only got $15 cash or $25 trade lol. Some people... [​IMG]

14. Jompso

Jompso Distinguished Member

The quality of their goods has dwindled greatly with the rise in demand (thanks Kanye) and subsequent supply....available at far more retail spots domestically, than 5 or so years ago, where Union LA and when it was open like 10 years ago, Union NY, were the only two spots with it. A lot of their new pieces are even made in China, which doesn't necessarily equate poor quality, they could have excellent people constructing their garments there, but it says that capitalism is winning at Visvim because a Japanese workwear brand would outsource to China for one reason, and that would be lack of labor regulations a la cheaper production costs....and when you factor in what it costs to actually outsource for a brand their size, having to get a new factory, workers, ship rough supplies, buy all new equipment, employ people to oversee production, employ people to oversee quality control, employ people to oversee factory maintenance and worker rights (usually the case but this is China so I don't know if this exists) and having to commute periodically to make sure things are running up to par, it tells you they're no longer trying to be that exclusive Japanese brand that makes high quality avant garde workwear, they're that Japanese brand that is making garments designed in Japan, constructed in mass production factories in China, forgoing quality, capitalizing on the quantity while raising prices with their broader world wide presence and availability. They've completely lost their roots and in short, that shits real and although made in Japan, not surprising it isn't to your expectations.

15. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

The Visvim is Real.

Good for resale, not one of the brands on my radar. because every item i see just doesn't live up to the hype. but at least you can enjoy the profits.[​IMG]