The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. eazye

eazye Senior member

Haven't had much time to thrift lately, but here's a few recent things I managed to score.
    D.S Dundee wool herringbone with sheepskin collar belted jacket. We sold these at my old place of employment, retail was around $850 or so.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm thinking of changing my name to Bobby Been Had. This is probably one of the coolest Chinese made Polo pieces I've come across. Blaze orange corduroy/leather collar and pocket details, leather elbow patches, dual vent, neck latch and a fucking snap in quilted vest. Possibly available, though it fits me pretty well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Minty Alden Cape Cod ptb's 9.5 B/D, available
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Oxxford "honeycomb" navy hopsack blazer, 42 available.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PRL navy corduroy tie, perfect for fall. N/a Cant say I've ever come across a corduroy tie before.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another fall winner, PRL ancient madder. N/A
    [​IMG]

2. dukedishin

dukedishin Senior member

I know I already dibsed the mess out of that thing when you sent a pic.

3. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

^^ PRL constantly amazes me in some of the stuff they make...compared to the cheap polos etc sold at Marshalls.

4. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

They're not nearly as much fun to piss in compared to Zanella pleated trousers.

5. sashae

sashae Senior member

@HandersHund that's hero status though.

6. Cj52racers

Cj52racers Senior member

Speaking of unicorns.
    Unicorns and trad.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, mad props to @vexco for a great trade that resulted in this.

Tried my hand at some street wear.

[​IMG]

Alexander McQueen Asym jacket - trade, Vexco
    Persol- true thrift
    Missoni knit rainbow zig zag tee- underpriced consignment
    AG black chinos-true thrift
    Rudolf Dassler x Puma kicks- true thrift

7. Woofa

Woofa Senior member

This is a huge shout out to two separate members.
    First an amazing thank you to Jompso. As many of you saw I got thrifting lightning about a month back with the Kiton SC. Unfortunately it was not my size and also not exactly what I most wanted. As you know, turning one into the other is not as easy as it sounds. Well Jompso was one of the few who could make it happen and he did big time. Working with me to come to a mutual trade that was a win for each of us. I could not be happier and now I have received and have my first Kiton. But wait. If that was not enough he throws in an extra tie but not just any tie. A Brioni 100% cashmere. Now I don't know if maybe I had mentioned to him or it was just a fortuitous guess but at the moment I am working on my tie collection and since I only wear them once in a while, I have decided to collect solid color 100% cashmere ties. This is now tops in my collection. Here is the pic.
    [​IMG]
    Jompso. My greatest thanks. You are truly a gentleman and have made me very happy. I look forward to trading with you in the future and hope everyone else will do this as well.
    Now, second but not least a huge shout out to SPOO who I of course owe all my thrifting success to. When he recently thrifter the Bass "bean" boots I mentioned my possible interest and voila, today they arrived.
    [​IMG]
    They fit great and are a welcome addition to my collection.
    However, in one of those thrifting Karma coincidences it just so happens that at lunch today, just 4 hours before these arrived at my doorstep. I thrifter my first pair of bean boots.
    [​IMG]
    As they are different heights, I have no problems keeping both pairs and in the space of a few hours, completed my bean boot wardrobe maybe forever. Or maybe I will find a pair of the low tops one day and complete the family.

SPOO and Jompso, thanks again for all you both do. I could not be happier and tomorrow I will go out and thrift some more hoping to get awesome stuff to send to you both.

8. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Sweet my Versace came today too oh and the Paul smith suits are wool/mohair and one wool/cashmere and the HF suit is 100% cotton
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

I used to work for Abboud. I'll acknowledge that most of their stuff isn't cut or constructed well, though the Black label and the very odd regular label garment is. For example: [​IMG] What I will say is: Their fabric selection was unbefuckinglievable. I knew their fabric buyer. In addition to knowing her shit, she was hot as BALLS.

10. Chotii

Chotii Senior member

I have two words for today:

Mother Lode. If anybody is in the Seattle area, I recommend popping by the Lake City Way Value Village. I picked up the things I knew, left the things I wasn't sure about, and simply didn't have enough money to get some of the things I had a gut feeling about but wasn't *quite* sure. Men's coat section. Looks like somebody dumped an entire estate.

What I brought home (pictures to follow in a separate post, but I HAVE to say!)

2 vintage, ultra heavy, lined, hip-length Woolrich men's coats, made in Woolrich PA.
    Schott fringed leather western jacket
    Orphaned Winter Tale Canali suit coat
    NWT J Crew women's fulled wool long coat
    Ozzy Ozbourne Affliction jeans, seriously trashed/thrashed/distressed
    Quechua backpack

Too bad I was looking for a lever-action lockable Schlage G2 or above door handle. Didn't find anything even remotely.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  11. Letric

Letric Senior member

12. vexco

vexco Senior member

Looks dope. I do like their fabric selection, for sure. I just rarely see Abboud made in USA so I copped. Great pattern, modern cut and cheap as shit aha.

Deets on fabric purchaser.

13. colco

colco Senior member

The wife thrifted this completely hot shit Brioni tweed jacket....In addition to two suits that must be a size 60. Seriously, I've never seen jackets or trousers of this size....anyway, the Brioni

[​IMG]

14. vexco

vexco Senior member

Oh wait, I read that wrong :B

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  15. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Senior member

60? As in Euro 60? Meaning 50 U.S.? That's me. And that thing is gorgeous!