The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

No fair, bruh! You kop awesome Neighborhood swag. All I got yesterday was a lame-ass XMI beer koozie. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

My apologies to @eazye: he won a thrift thread fit pic contest that I hosted a couple of months ago. His prize was a handmade pocket square from his choice of fabric. Well, I was busy with life and then kind of forgot to do it...so I completed it last night. As a result of my forgetfulness, I made another one in order to host another contest. It has its own thread:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/508713/thrift-thread-fit-contest-1/0_30

Throw your best, cheap fit together and submit a picture. I'm not sure how much participation there will be, but I think it would be fun to have one every couple of weeks. Maybe the winner of this one can start the next and offer up a small prize. We'll see!

Here is eazy's new pocket square (I'll be sending it to you soon!):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is the prize for the new contest:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Go enter!

3. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

lol, bro, go to Japan! Hang out with Vader!

4. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Absolutely! I'm going to take off to go pick it up. Let's hope that's the end of it. My car is getting a high pressure pump replaced, so we've been without our cars for too long.

5. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

Anything after 1993, with around 150k miles, complete service history. preferably with a well heeled owner who kept it garaged and maintained.- an absolute steal at current prices.
    and with a custom exhaust? = Eargasm.

like this one i found in Dallas, Texas:
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/5215799826.html

it's a perfect example of what @Cj52racers and i are talking about. after a complete "Quality" service, years of trouble free motoring await.

Cons:
    The Stereo's fail. so switching to usb/mp3 head units are worth doing. and they look kinda plain. until you put some nice rims on them. otherwise? Golden.
    you might need to change sensors occasionally. and keep up with 2,000 mile servicing.
    If i can contribute anything as a tip to fellow Thrifters. this is it. the most solid thrift kop on wheels. and if the other Thread car heads back it up? put it at the top of your list as a future ride. [​IMG]

The Good Doctor aka:mad:drlivingston is always welcome. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015

6. mrcmcklwht

mrcmcklwht Senior member

Rugger, EG and Kris Van Assche jogging pants

[​IMG]

7. snackbandit

snackbandit Senior member

Sickest hide ever. Let's chop that up and make some watch straps? [​IMG]

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

That's fake homie.

9. suited

suited Senior member

10. Letric

Letric Senior member

Holy crap... That Gant Rugger shirt. Please say that is available?

I JUST posted a fit pic with that same shirt, but it's kind of getting too big for me... It's an XL. I see that the shirt you have is an L... I would be highly interested in knowing the measurements for that thing.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015

11. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

12. mrcmcklwht

mrcmcklwht Senior member

I thought it might be same as yours when I found it! I don't have measurements but I would say it fits like JCrew or Polo medium, maybe a just tiny bit looser. Not avilable at the moment, I like them, this is my third Gant Rugger I think. Sorry shirt brother!

13. Bahljs

Bahljs Senior member

14. Letric

Letric Senior member

Noooo! Naw, it's cool. Their L is probably JUST a tad bit slim for me anyways. I will just get mine slimmed up in the chest / back.

So I went out for coffee again last night, and to ship some packages. Was nearby a spot, and decided to just stop in for 5 minutes before they closed. I was just at this store 2 days prior, but I like to stop into places frequently for "Light scans". In these light scans I just check shoes, ties/belts, outerwear, light flip-over of suits/jackets, and then denim and I'm out.

[​IMG]

There were 4 pairs of GAP jeans there. 3 were selvedge, 1 non-selvedge. The non-selvedge ones were the highest priced. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of the other three selvedge, which were all the same price, this pair was the only "Japanese Selvedge" variety. They also happened to be NWT [​IMG]. Oddly enough, these were not on the jeans rack, but 1 aisle over in the pants rack stuffed between some Dockers... I think maybe someone tried to make these "less visible" lol. Now, these aren't some huge score... But for just stopping in for 5 minutes, these were a decent grab and worth 5-6X my cost. Love these quick wholesome "coffee pickups" [​IMG].

15. Bahljs

Bahljs Senior member

That Gc8 Subaru [​IMG]