• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takai

Reaction score
Don't sweat it, bruh... I could wallpaper a room with dollars that I wasted on worthless ties.
That would be one hell of an Alabama tar paper shack.

Takai

Reaction score
I heart the johnson motors Henley, NA.
That Johnson Motors Henley was the one thing I saw in that that I could totally see as a wardrobe staple, if it's a small or medium, and you decide to ever get rid of it, lmk.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Has anyone ever considered making a patchwork quilt out of old/crappy ties??

bored, thinking out loud.
dozingoff.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dozingoff.gif

My aunt buys ****** ties by the hundreds organizes them into colors. She takes 5 of them and sews them into small handbags which she sells (well) at craft shows for $50-$60 a pop.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dozingoff.gif
Oddly enough, it's actually been done many, many times. I had a group of old ladies who would buy my reject ties for $1 each. It was an amazing deal while it lasted. I was paying $.25 for them in bulk from a local charity thrift. Then making $.75 profit per tie (usually in groups of 100-200 per transaction). It was a win-win for all parties involved. Then, they started working exclusively with wool and fucked up the economy...

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bored, thinking out loud. :dozingoff:

My mom made one out of silk ties. Just the top - the backing was some other fabric. Said it was a huge pain - ironing out the folds, trimming them down to usable pieces due to how the silk had to be sewn. Then she gave it to her sister before I saw the finished product.

sashae

Reaction score
I wish I had the sewing talent to do a quilt like that. Super cool. Even have a decent sewing machine!

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do you have a quarter million on you right now?
Shoulda never let weezy in on that song. Jesus his verse is horrible...

Anyone know the story behind these shirts? Didn't think I was going to pay $15 for it, but it seemed well made so I did an ebay search in the store. Turns out these things sell for like 60-80% of their retail value used. I just want to know why. Their website doesn't tell me much.

Last edited:

Takai

Reaction score
Takai, Im sure.
I am more of a full leather hide on the bed for winter type person. Either that, or Native american blankets.

Shanejosephxxx

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure this is a thing? I always forget. Staple navy blue crew neck sweater. No other tags but feels like wool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads