• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the copyright on the bottom left corner, in the brown band, above the last gold square on the bottom edge? Kinda looks like it might be, at least that's where it should be.

I see what you are looking at but it's still inconclusive to me. I am just used to these things being a bit more prominent (and legible).

Takai

Reaction score
Just looked at a pair of my boots and realized the Welt had come disconnected from the sole! Argh, the boots are quite old, but were NOS when I picked them up, and have only worn them a bit. Might just restitch the section myself. Havent decided yet though.

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woot!

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ever get caught behind another shopper who's moving at a snail's pace? Like a guy standing in front of a tiny rack of suits and taking like 2 minutes with each item?

It's uncanny but that's like every shopper today. I usually just go to another section and come back but they're everywhere tonight. It's nuts. Even the cashiers are taking like 5 minutes per customer. And everyone seems to be buying lots of loose china, and of course they have to wrap each piece individually.

/end petty rant

Lol is it a party fail if i say i would go around the guy because that's what i do in real life.

va230815

Reaction score
A few things today

BB with LP Charcoal houndstooth with blue windowpane. 39R

BB 90/10 wool/cash suit 44/39.

Incochinos 40

POP! Kiton 7 fold NWT, Piombo is a thing right?

BB with LP POW 38R

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ever get caught behind another shopper who's moving at a snail's pace? Like a guy standing in front of a tiny rack of suits and taking like 2 minutes with each item?

It's uncanny but that's like every shopper today. I usually just go to another section and come back but they're everywhere tonight. It's nuts. Even the cashiers are taking like 5 minutes per customer. And everyone seems to be buying lots of loose china, and of course they have to wrap each piece individually.

/end petty rant

Yeah, but we shop thrifts different than the normies who shop solely for themselves.

I see a tag, toss it in the cart and don't even look at it. When done, take cart to a brightly lit corner or window with a flat surface nearby and inspect the hell out of everything - separate keepers from put-backs; hang the put-backs on the rack near the dressing rooms and pay for the keepers.

THEN the challenge of picking the fastest check-out line. Some string theory and probability science behind that, wrapped up in a Higgs boson.

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today:

These were true thrift.

These were not. Paid up at consignment/charity combo shop.
A lot of research leads me to believe these are mid 60s or so maybe? Massaro apparently makes 150 pairs a year for Chanel, but I'm not sure what those numbers were in the past. No sale history on ebay, so not much to go on, but I'm assuming extremely rare. Massaro is credited with helping invent the Chanel two tone shoe.

Anyway, here they are.

DapperE

Reaction score
Harris Tweed 3 button flapped patch pockets, single vent ~44R Avail

Lanvin Camel Hair - Two button, patch pockets dark blue 44XL - Avail

Zegna Tie. Needs some cleaning but will do find in my collection.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The. Patchpocket I mentioned yesterday.unstructured slim 44

Its actually blueish like in last pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads