The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Cj52racers

Cj52racers Senior member

Yet... Somehow fitting.

2. snackbandit

snackbandit Senior member

It's something, but you might be sitting on it for a bit.

Better margins and better known for their lighters, pens, and leather goodz.

...or, send it to Spoo.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015

3. Ds13

Ds13 Senior member

true [​IMG]

4. Takai

Takai Senior member

So today I had the most ridiculous experience at the post office.
    Dropped by to toss a box in the mail for ol'spooseph, and the line was HUGE, but I wanted to pay with cash; so I had to wait. Turns out only the postmaster was working the counter, and he is quite slow. After about 15min of waiting, this sterotypical suburban white mom goes up to the counter and interupts what is going down to rudely as if the post office still did C.O.D. while brandishing a hat, and some small box inside of a wal-mart sack. She then continued to ask about how to ship her package, and if she needed one of those boxes, pointing at the Priority boxes, or one of those boxes, pointing at the for purchase packages. The postmaster calmly told her she may use whichever she wished, but it looked like her package would fit in a padded envelope. She she huffs and goes and grabs the largest padded envelope on the rack and stuffs this stuff in there, seals and addresses it. When it's finally time for her turn, another postal worker had stepped up to assist. This lady comes to the counter with her big envelope, and a smaller one, and says she wants to switch her package from the big one to the small one. The exchange was as follows:
    Lady: "I want to put this stuff in the smaller envelope."
    Postal worker: "Ok ma'am, but I will have to charge you for both envelopes."
    Lady: "WHY IS THAT!?"
    Postal worker: "Because ma'am, you've already sealed and addressed this one, so we cant restock it."
    Lady: "WHAT THE HELL? I AM NOT GOING TO STAND HERE AND SPEND MORE MONEY ON THIS. DONT YOU JUST HAVE SOMETHING YOU CAN LIKE STUFF IN THE ENVELOPE TO MAKE IT MORE SECURE OR SOMETHING!? I MEAN, LOOK AT THIS." -Lady picks up the package and shakes the contents, which are obviously much too small.-
    Postal worker: "No ma'am, we dont, but if you would like, there is some bubble wrap over there for purchase, and you can stuff that in there."
    Lady: "I JUST SAID IM NOT GOING TO SPEND ANY MORE MONEY ON THIS STUPID SYSTEM, NO WONDER NO ONE USES THE POSTAL SERVICE ANYMORE. YOU DONT JUST HAVE WHITE PAPER OR SOMETHING YOU CAN STUFF IN THERE? HE SAID I THIS IS WHAT I NEED TO DO." -gestures angerly toward the postmaster-
    Postal worker: "Ma'am, if you'd like you can wait for him, and he can help you."
    Lady: "FINE!" -storms 5ft back to postmaster's counter-
    -5min pass-
    Postmaster: "How may I help you today?"
    Lady: "I NEED TO SHIP THIS BUT SHE WONT HELP ME!" -gestures at postal worker-
    Postmaster: "If you did not have such an attitude Im sure we would be able to help you more adequately ma'am."
    Lady: "WELL I DIDNT HAVE SUCH AN ATTITUDE TILL I HAD TO COME IN HERE AND DEAL WITH YOU! NOW, I NEED TO SECURE THIS BETTER BECAUSE IT IS JUST TOO BIG, CANT YOU STUFF IT WITH SOMETHING?"
    Postmaster: "No, but I can roll it up, and tape it if you would like."
    Lady: "FINE, THAT'S JUST GREAT, FINE!"
    -Postmaster rolls up package and prepares everything-
    -Lady pulls out 3$ for the package-
    Lady: "Now I need to ship this C.O.D."
    Postmaster: "Okay ma'am, that's fine, but do you know how that works?"
    Lady: "Yes, they pay for it when they pick it up."
    -Postmaster explains how C.O.D. Works-
    Lady: "WELL THAT IS JUST FUCKING RIDICULOUS, WHY WOULD I EVER DO THAT? JESUS FUCK JUST SHIP THE THING. "
    Lady: "WHY WOULD I EVEN COME TO THE POST OFFICE TO SHIP SOMETHING IF I HAD TO PAY SO MUCH FOR PACKAGING!? IT'S NOT LIKE I HAVE PACKAGING JUST LAYING AROUND THE HOUSE! DO YOOOOOUUU?"
    Postmaster: "No ma'am, but I work at the post office, and I know better than to bring an unpackaged package to the post office to ship it."
    Postmaster: "Yes ma'am, it should be there friday"
    -Lady angerly pays and storms out the door-

It turns out that a large part of the hold up of the line was that there were 3 people who all brought stuff to ship that were expecting that you just hand your stuff to the postal workers and they box everything and ship it for you. Also there was a fellow trying to put tracking on a letter, but didnt want to pay the 3$ extra for it to be registered mail.

5. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

Bitches be crazy..

6. Chotii

Chotii Senior member

It makes you wonder how anybody reached that point in life without knowing how to mail a package. Though, I confess to having had a (less rude and more frantic) meltdown like that one day at a photocopy shop when I couldn't make their fancy self-serve copy machine (that did not take dimes, but used a little cartridge) work at ALL. Some nice man finally stepped in and talked to me like I might explode at any moment. In my defense, I claim insanity due to many small children. It doesn't excuse rudeness. And the post office isn't exactly a new technology.

7. Cj52racers

Cj52racers Senior member

[​IMG]
    There are very few joys I have in life that equal passing the line with a prepaid package. Jeremy Clarkson smug face all the way up to the counter.

8. vexco

vexco Senior member

Every single day that I go to the post office I get this feeling. Was especially good today when the line was about 13 deep with only 1 person working the counter.

9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Every day I look out the window and see the mail carrier loading her truck with 50+ packages directly from my front porch, I reminisce about the days I used to have to drive the two blocks all the way to the post office.

10. noob15

noob15 Senior member

Wait, what, you can do this? I've been shipping for a while and this is the first time I've even thought for this.

11. vexco

vexco Senior member

I never have enough packages to feel good about having them pick it up. I'd be the asshole getting like 2 packages picked up.

12. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

You are only required to have one that is at least Priority, International or a return.

13. vexco

vexco Senior member

Ah yeah. I ship a lot of first class so that wouldn't work for me most of the time :(

14. vexco

vexco Senior member

Of course. You don't have to wait in line if you've already paid. Totally counterproductive.

15. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

$2-3 more on one package, to get them to pick up the lot and avoid the trip to the PO, I wouldn't even think twice.