Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

You were in the life?

Either way, that thing is boss! You should wall-mount it and keep it there until some lady-friend objects....

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015

2. Takai

Takai Senior member

So Im trying to learn how to do all this fancy social media stuff, and just got an instagram account. Wow there are a lot of people who like to look at not so impressive pictures of my crafty stuff.

3. PLaydice

PLaydice Senior member

Deck could be OG with repro trucks.

4. vexco

vexco Senior member

Any idea how to tell how old this is? Flannel-like baseball jersey. Tag is perfect so I assume never used.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

...going to give away my age here, but I started skating in the 70's in Florida when I was a leetle kid, and remember the pro guys coming out from California to our brand new pallid grey cement skate park to show us a thing or three, and I was in "junior" competitions and was as good as any local guy but the CA guys were light-years ahead. Distinctly remember Alva being there, some other people, no clue who...read Thrasher and Skateboarder like mad...later on in life worked with Stecyk which was a personal thrill. My other "claim to fame" in that arena was when the Beastie Boys went on tour for License To Ill, and my gf's friend's dad was the manager of the venue - we went backstage, then on the bus, then smoked a metric ton of weed with the Beasties, Fishbone and Murphy's Law and sang "Happiness is a Warm Gun", then the Beastie's wanted to go skate (middle of the fucking night), and my buddy had a half pipe and lived next to a deserted warehouse-type area, so a pile of people in my 1967 Firebird went over there and drank beer and skated and shot the shit.
    Took it back up in the 80's and was a G&S devotee but gave it up for good after someone stole my board through an open window in my bedroom while I was sleeping in a shitty duplex I was renting by the beach. I was like - "man - really? someone sneaked in my bedroom thu the window while I was asleep and stole my gear?" they also stole all the cassettes out of my car - 7 Seconds, Flipper, Big Black, Circle Jerks, Appliances SFB, etc. sucked. Amusingly, a friend of mine made a documentary a few years ago called American Hardcore (from his book of the same name) that had most of the same music and artists. Check it out if you're so inclined.

6. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Any regular known posters here play electric bass guitar? If so, drop me a PM if you like - got a Dunlop 105Q bass Cry Baby, with a catch....

7. Takai

Takai Senior member

Seeing as the team never really existed, I'd hope it wasnt used.

Seriously though, given the tags I'd love to say it came out around the time of the books' release, but Im more inclined to believe it's closer to the movie. Possibly an older Ebbets?

8. vexco

vexco Senior member

TBH I didn't even consider The Natural when I picked it up or posted haha. Does have the lightning bolt patch on the sleeve as well so that makes sense. I just copped it cuz I thought it was cool and hoped it fit but it doesn't.

9. Takai

Takai Senior member

It's cool, also did a little hilbilly math, and the oldest it can possibly be is late 60's given the RN. So Im going to say probably 84/85 if not current. It's super cool, and if I could wear flannel in the short sleeve months, I'd be all over it.

10. vexco

vexco Senior member

Appreciate the responses and the help. Was from a thrift in a retirement community so mid 80's is probably right.

11. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015

12. Letric

Letric Senior member

Dude.... Those AE's a size 13-14?

And dude... Dat RRL Black Jacket!

And DUDE! That Barbour ToKiTo!!!

You find some insane shit.

13. vexco

vexco Senior member

I think they're an 11.5 if I saw the inner label properly.

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

does anyone have an idea on what label this is?

[​IMG]

15. JFST

JFST Senior member

@TheNeedMachine that dunhil is nuts[​IMG]