1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. bpk1

bpk1 Senior Member

Hey now, I'm sure he's already gotten a PM about it :D
    Cool that it was made for a specific deal - did it end up being a screw cap?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015

2. noob15

noob15 Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Couldn't find too much on this brand since I don't read German, but I liked it and for what I paid it was worth it to flip. Not shown, interior zipper pocket for passport or wallet. Really nice construction and wool. This is what I'd call a nice travel blazer.
    [​IMG]
    From the bottom left clockwise. Roan Bed/Stu, Vintage JM Aristocraft Gunboats with V Cleat in incredible shape. AE Madrid, JM Oxblood, Heritage US Made Balmorals, AE Boulevard
    [​IMG]
    Pawn shop find. Was looking to replace my old camera and this was BNIB for $50, but missing the battery. Thank you Amazon Prime.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Nice construction, a bit dated, but once again, for what I paid for it, worth flipping.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    AF issue.That crazy collar contains a hood.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Not shown, surgeon's cuffs. This was custom. I need to measure it, but it looks like a 42.

Missing; a bunch of ties and other fodder.

3. 46n2

46n2 Senior Member

4. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Distinguished Member

Peter miller canvas and leather belt
    [​IMG]
    Bills khakis M2 corduroy
    [​IMG]
    Bragano full crocodile loafers
    [​IMG]

5. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

I don't think I've ever posted anything I've made alone from start to finish, so here's something. Here's something I'm working on: a 3/4 length smoking jacket/robe in linen. Fit pic is still mostly basted and nothing has been pressed or ironed yet, so please excuse the wrinkles. Will still be tweaking the fit a bit (edit: then adding sleeves and pockets). Comments & Criticism welcome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. jamesmkeart

jamesmkeart Senior Member

Found some cool stuff in the last week.
    Nwt hickey freeman suit[​IMG]

Some Robert Graham shirts [​IMG]

RLPL shirt[​IMG]

RRL shirt[​IMG]

Brooks brothers 1818 Madison saxxon wool suit [​IMG]

E zegna high performance jacket[​IMG]

Aquascutum suit. [​IMG]

7. richnet12

richnet12 Distinguished Member

Wow! I run the roads in Houston and have never had a haul like that! Congratulations!

8. sashae

sashae Senior Member

The killer Friday continues... after cursing my lack of luck in finding shoes, I found NWOT Oak Street Bootmakers mocs and Quoddy loafers in the span of a few days.
    [​IMG]

Oak Streets from a few days ago:
    [​IMG]

Domenico Vacca pink/red over white stripes.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Helmut Lang 100% cashmere
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seize sur Vingt cords
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mystery cord jacket made of Veluto Duca Visconte di Modrone corduroy. Anyone have thoughts as to who the maker might be? Tags are cut out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

...and the big winner for the day, a limited edition Billykirk 196 Messenger Bag for JCrew in Harris Tweed, #29/30 made. Appears never used.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. winny94

winny94 Senior Member

Out in the field. Is NWOT Morlands lambskin sherling worth paying up for? Not for flipping (maybe a trade), but my size...so basically asking, is it quality?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Takai

Takai Senior Member

Btw, if anyone ever has questions about pens, Fountain, Rollerball, or Ball Point; I have a very extensive collection, and should be able to authenticate, and give you info on pretty much everything you find. Just hit me up.

11. Woofa

Woofa Senior Member

Been pretty slow here but they have started putting out the sweaters.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Picked this up today on the assumption that someone here might want it. Any idea on age? Thinking 70's. In pretty good shape. PM me if interested.

12. jumpman1231

jumpman1231 Senior Member

Originally Posted by hbkshin View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

So I have a really good friend who is from Malaysia. He'd been here in the usa for over 20 years and was running a pizza chain. Then his parents health started going down hill. As the oldest He sold the stores and had to go over and help them with their tire bainneas and life in their house and went from running a pizza chain to doing odds and ends for his parents in a country that was no longer where he wanted to be. It was a very difficult transition and eventually he could no longer take the life his was living and had a basic falling out with his parents and led their house to do his own thing... This was all very difficult in every way. If you want to talk with someone who's been in a similar situation just pm me and I can likely set up a call or connection. Glad you at least felt comfortable to vent to this forum. What a testament to the group that's been formed. Awesome group guys!!

13. PLaydice

PLaydice Senior Member

[​IMG]
    Cobra Soldiers slacking on duty playing with their phones. Better hope they don't get caught by Big Boa.
    [​IMG]
    Some good stuff here. I cherry picked.
    [​IMG]
    Deadstock Levis vintage Carpenter pants.
    [​IMG]
    Real Angola State Pen shirt.

14. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Distinguished Member

Make me one

15. SCoNE

SCoNE Senior Member

Haha was about to inquire about the Oak Street, only to look at eBay listings and see that you've already sold them! Nice!