Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Bro, not sure exactly what you went through but I've pretty much stayed away from asian family obligation. We just went through a crazy 10 months period with my mom living with us. It was stressful and nuts. Keep your head up. This will pass in time.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015

2. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through a difficult time. Too often, we find ourselves trying to be everything to everyone, which is an impossible task. Unfortunately, it seems to be a part of the human condition. A man cannot be the best brother, uncle, friend, employee/boss, son, husband and father at the same moment in time. Many have tried and will continue to fail.

Should you find yourself struggling in life, I recommend seeking help. It's 2015, mental health is not reserved for the "crazy." It's easy to argue that we would have far fewer "crazy" people around had they been given help sooner in life. If one were to break their leg, they would see a medical doctor. We visit a medical doctor if we think we are, or will, experience health issues. Hell, we visit medical doctors even if we feel completely fine, just to get information on our current health status. Why, then, would we feel that we need to wait until the walls start talking to us before we seek help for the most complex natural organ the world has ever seen - our mind.

Not money nor distance will "solve" any of your (nor mine, nor anyone's) problems. Take a step back and develop a plan and then itemize the first, most important things that must be completed. Things like maintaining a roof over your head and food in the refrigerator should be first on the list. Take care of your basic needs before taking care of others' needs. Otherwise, you will be of no help to anyone.

Should you need anything, let me know. I'm fairly confident that anyone here is willing to offer help that you may need, don't be afraid to ask.

“This is the hardest of all: to close the open hand out of love, and keep modest as a giver.”
    Friedrich Nietzsche

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

4. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

5. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

This.

I've gone to therapy at various points in my life for various issues and right now I'm back to seeing my guy once a week since July. It's crucial. My anxiety and avoidance behaviors were at an all time high. My inner dialogue was abhorrent. If I said out loud what I was saying to myself in my head, I'd start to cry.

It's gotten so much better now. Yeah, you can talk with friends, family, a SO, but there's something different about talking with a trained, unbiased mental health professional that makes their feedback and advice resonant and have a meaningful impact.

Hbkshin or anyone else needing help, please go talk to a professional. It's done me a world of good and I'm sure it would do the same for you.

6. eazye

eazye Senior member

All of this.

7. eazye

eazye Senior member

62 degrees and rainy? Yaaasssssss!!!!
    Vintage Detroit Magnum PI hat, thrift
    70's era Belstaff Trialmaster, b&s
    Todd Snyder x Champion, the Rack
    Levi's M&C, trade
    USA made Timbs, thrift
    [​IMG]

8. Bahljs

Bahljs Senior member

Speaking of your archive, guys, Takai has soooo much stuff on in his archive it's crazy. From the 2 days we texted back and forth, I told him what I was interested in, style wise, and he just kept sending me pictures, of EVERYTHING. It was awesome. Props man!

9. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

There is always a seat at the bar here for you, should you ever want to take a break, and join me for a drink.[​IMG]

Keep your head up, you got help here if you need it.

Personal advice? Don't let a hard time, make you hard hearted. turn to those who have time to listen. (or read).
    TV.

Dig it.

10. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

balls

11. Bahljs

Bahljs Senior member

Bahls

12. Thrift Vader

Stahp.

[​IMG]

13. bpk1

bpk1 Senior member

Pretty sure I know where you got those (I was hoping to go back when they were on sale - should've known they'd get bought), I have a pair listed right now at 299! Nice find!

14. Thrift Vader

are 80's Porsche Carrera Sunglasses a thing also?

and Agnes B???????

[​IMG] FML so many passed......

15. Doomsticks

Doomsticks Senior member

Tres bien store outlet O______O sadly i had early workday so missed the start. U guys would have gone wholesale on the place, making $$$$. I just bought some cdg wallets and a pair of butteros