1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Steve Kane

Steve Kane Senior Member

Damn! I need some of that Gitman synergy. I've only found one in my size. I think I'm hitting the wrong spots. If you find any in large, holler at me.

2. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Distinguished Member

I've found ann d 3 times [​IMG]
    but never for mens

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015

3. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Distinguished Member

This one is a large :D

Ken, a tweed sweet bear??? Y U no M??

4. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Distinguished Member

5. hbkshin

hbkshin Distinguished Member

So it's been a while but I've drunk enough and I need a place to vent since it's a bit to personal to share with real life friends and such.

I think my parents have officially fucked me over. Being Asian, family obligation is important and I've broken my back to help them since my disappearance. I've done everything I can to help them afford a lifestyle they couldn't afford and is hurt mine. Now both our lives are in jeopardy and it's taken everything for me not just freak out. I haven't been able to thrift in ages because I'm either working my old 9-5 or on the phone dealing with problems. I've lost a part of me I thoroughly enjoyed to help them and all I can do, because of familial obligation is nod my head and take it. It feels like I lost my individual self to help my family and it's been hard. Life turned from somethinf I thoroughly enjoyed into something I'm trudging through hoping there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I've been thinking about packing up and moving far away but it's hard to leave everything behind. It's been a rough few months and I hope I can return to what I absolutely love doing soon instead of trying to be content with something I despise. I really hope everyone keeps chasing their dreams instead of settling fit mediocrity. I love everyone here and everyone deserves to be happy. It's an amazing group and I've never found a community in real life or online that has been as supporting as everyone here. Keep doing you and live your life, everyone.

6. Cj52racers

Cj52racers Distinguished Member

There's always light at the end of the tunnel man. I think I can speak for everyone saying we love having you as a part of this community as well. Keep on keeping on brother.

And, I've spoken with Jompso and ThriftVader and countless others about this forum. You hit the nail on the head. This really is the coolest group I've ever been apart of. I feel like 90% of you id love to hang out with in real life and that's probably a better percentage than the people I actually do hang out with. Cheers to this group and hb, hopefully we see you back around here more.

7. Ds13

Ds13 Distinguished Member

this.

8. Koala-T

Koala-T Distinguished Member

Like everyone else said, you are an awesome part of this community and we love having you around.

I know your familial obligation is something that's been a part of your life since as long as you can remember, a part of your culture moreso than most here can understand, but I just want to say to you that at some point it is okay to cut ties in order to save yourself. You don't deserve to be unhappy all the time, especially when you are trying your best to be a good, supportive son.

9. Letric

Letric Distinguished Member

That NWT VV Blue Fish Tie is $$$, especially around Christmas time.

What you have there is a Langlitz "Cascade" model jacket, with optional padding. Very popular model, along with the "Columbia".

[​IMG]

Langlitz is a very awesome, small and pretty old Leather Jacket / Riding Gear maker based in my area of Portland, OR. They have a cool Brick & Mortar shop, and most of their work is custom / bespoke. My father has a custom set of leathers from them in Goatskin which he got in the late 80's I believe. They are very expensive to have made, but are basically the world's best.

The original dude who started the company and was making the stuff was Ross Langlitz. He began making leathers in 1947.

More Here: http://www.langlitz.com/langlitz-history/

They are grails among riders and collectors, and obviously fetch a pretty penny. I've yet to find one in the wild, or even spot one at a consignment / vintage shop. They are ULTRA RARE, even in the city in which they were / are made.

10. Cj52racers

^There is a leather jacket thread on the front page here which features them. Ralph Lauren rocks a baller distressed Langlitz that he apparently sends back to them for care every couple years. Cool shit.

I've seen one at a consignment a few months ago. It was near ebay prices and sold in a couple days.

11. Koala-T

Koala-T Distinguished Member

Thanks! I googled around a bit (and eBay searched) after I posted it and started to find a few of these things. Cool that you can go in the shop.

Oh, cool. I might go check that out. Wonder how long Ralph has had that jacket.

12. Letric

Letric Distinguished Member

Yes, I've asked around at a few places if they ever get Langlitz Leather Jackets in, and the reply is the same: "They're usually gone within a couple hours." And those are also places that price them at market value.

Yep. They carry tons of pre-owned jackets in all sizes there, as well as accessories and leather dressings. If you google street-view the place, you can actually "go inside" the store lol and look around with 360 degree view.

13. Cj52racers

One of the coolest pieces of clothing I've ever seen was a Langlitz piece. When I was selling antiques I was at an estate auction for a guy who raced flat track motorcycles in the fifties and sixties I believe. I was there to buy some vintage racing stuff, b ut there was a horsehide Speedway Togs jacket that I think was the name prior to Langlitz? I think it sold in the 3 thousand range. Amazingly cool piece.

14. PLaydice

PLaydice Senior Member

Pm me your addy, Ill send you something. Cheer up.

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Chin up, Hbkshin. Don't get down when something is out of your control, and always remember the only one you are obligated to make happy is yourself.