1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Distinguished Member

Yeah, I heard badthings about the new app. i'm definitely going to avoid it as long as possible

2. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Distinguished Member

Who knows...I think it's pretty baller but maybe it's just me. Handful of watchers, but 44 L waits for the right person.

I haven't gotten pushed the new eBay app yet; sounds like it sucks - not looking forward to the forced upgrade when it comes.

3. glam922

glam922 Well-Known Member

Hello all :)

I picked my first shoes today:

[​IMG]
    Allen Edmonds Strands Black 8.5E
    It's in good condition outside & my size. Just need some care and new laces. However, the insole feels very "worn". Like I can feel the inprint of the previous owner's feet.
    [​IMG]
    Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenue Brown 8.5E
    My size and in decent condition. i'm a little bit uncertain about the big crease on top. It's less visible when I put shoe trees in or if I wear them standing but it shows quickly when I walk.
    The insole are not worn out like the other one... so I don't know. Would a recrafting from AE be a good value for personal use?
    [​IMG]

Marc Jacobs red pumps. Size 36. Was maybe for my gf but she's not sure she likes them. we'll see when she tries them on. Good condition expect for a little scratch on the tip of the left shoe.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Question: for 10$ each pair, was it worth it? For personnal use I'm sure it is, but for flipping?

Then 5 ties:
    [​IMG]
    Vitaliano Pancaldi - VV yellow fishes - VV NWT blue fishes - Jos. A. Bank made in Italy (feels really nice to the touch) - Jcrew regimental
    [​IMG]

Close-up of the Italiano Pancaldi. never heard of it but it felt really nice + a google search told me to pick it up ^^
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ChetB

ChetB Distinguished Member

Yeah, not a fan.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015

5. TheNeedMachine

I've had Pancaldi pocket squares that were pretty nice; haven't laid eyes on anything else yet. Nice stuff.

6. sashae

sashae Senior Member

TBH the previous one was shite too, so I'm not dying about this one either.

7. Koala-T

Koala-T Distinguished Member

THanks, @dieworkwear !

So I think I made it to one of my shops just after they put out their first jackets for the year, which still wasn't any big shakes, but I did find a shearling bomber and this bad boy, which I swear weighs 20lbs, all talon and scovill zips, pockets everywhere, padded/quilted shoulders and elbows, and the only thing missing is the belt. Pockets were full of bandanas and ear plugs. It's in fantastic condition and I assume vintage based on the tag, but I know nothing about the company.

EDIT: Based on eBay it looks like a DOOZIE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. dukedishin

dukedishin Distinguished Member

Thread first?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Resale seems to be hit or miss, but luckily it fits me like a freaking glove.

Other fodder:

[​IMG]

Usually leave Brooks Bros but this camel hair SC has beautiful, perfect fall colors that the pic doesn't do justice. Lands End crunchy silk knit, Aquascutum made in England foulard, Ben Silver for you tradly gentlemen from Virginia Tech.

9. Takai

Takai Senior Member

...you serious bro? You scored HUGE. btw, dibs on the bandannas if old, or made in usa. no matter the condition.

10. TheNeedMachine

I've posted at least one Agnes B, maybe two, but only shirts - nice score on that one!

11. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Distinguished Member

Ho lee fuck

12. kbadgley84

13. Ken P

Ken P Distinguished Member

God, the thread is nuts. @PGRoadhouse was just thinking I hadn't heard from you in a bit.

@dukedishin I've found Agnes B Homme SC/Jacket thing before. Nothing as cool as that coat though. Unfortunately it's not well appreciated on eBay.

Okay three stores after work today. First two were true thrift, a find from each.

Indigo Overdyed Linen Plaid Popover from Billy Reid Size L
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of the most outlandish things I've ever found. Funny thing is, as soon as I saw it on the rack I knew what it was. Who wants to give me an eBay tag line for this one? Slim 44 incase anyone is interested.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then three more finds from this mini-SWD-thriftening I have going on here:

@silverwarebandit convinced me to go back for this, size 4, which should be L but is more like a M
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Indigo dyed :slayer:
    [​IMG]

Then I found this. So mad this doesn't fit me. XS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And what I think might be a thread first? Another one I'm so mad doesn't fit me. I've wanted a pair of these for forever. Tricky thing is they don't have a tag size. I'm thinking they are a 7.5 or 8 judging how they fit on me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. kbadgley84

That is by far my favorite brioni now

15. Takai

Takai Senior Member

I picked up an Anny D SC last year, made for Lurch though :( Hate it when brands make pretty much exclusively for one body style. Here's looking at you Odyn Vovk, and Anny D; Not all of us are 6ft + with 27" arms and wear a 37R