• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A charcoal cotton flannel from the low key, best shirting company, from casual to night out type shirts, there is. Coast Italy is the ****.

+1. I've got a couple Coast shirts and, aside from the PRL bright patchwork plaid pants I got from Spoo, the Coast shirts always get the most comments. Great fit and construction.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mega props to @capnwes for working his magic on these Nettleton shells! They were in decent shape to begin with, but I needed to take them to the next level, and dude came through with flying colors. They're gorgeous. Many thanks!

Pics by the Capn', before / after:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got into a pretty epic shoot-out yesterday:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Mens-Levi-Strauss-Jeans-Size-30X36-24015130.html

unheralded. i thought i had this all to myself, check out the bid history. there was another sophisticate involved.

the last 5 seconds turned into Enemy at the Gates, but i turned out to be Ed Harris and not Jude Law. i thought i had put in a nice fat cushion but only succeeded in taking a bunch of the air out of the other guy's balloon. now i'm curious how much ceiling he had. ah well...

Last edited:

SpecialK2k12

Reaction score
Dear thrift thread, I saw this today. Louis Vuitton trunk, doesn't have the LV logo pattern and VV wants $1,500.

What's the max I should drop on this if I wanted to flip it? No LV all over print, and only like 36 x 36 x 18.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will check those out, thanks. You think the ravo is worth it? Not to familiar with it

I bought a Ravazzolo SC that was incredible. It was new, still had all the basting and the buttons were still in the package. Cashmere with lots of handwork, well made, etc. I sold it for much less than I thought I would, but it still sold for over $100. Can't remember exactly how much. If I found I one in my own size, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it for myself. But, for resale, they just don't get the love and respect and I think they deserve.

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No! I wouldn't dare do that. I picked up all the EG in the store. I left behind some Umi 908, BoO, Our Legacy, Journal Standard, Universal Works and a couple others. Mostly shirts that were priced to high for flippage. I'm going to be watching for price drops though and to see if they put out anymore. This place doesn't really have a backstock though, so whatever they get goes right to the floor. So I'm not holding my breath. I wish I could meet the guy who sold all this stuff to the store as they didn't give him half of what all this stuff was worth. I need to hang out there, look for swaggy kids coming in to sell and be like "hey, want some candy to consign with me?" :devil:

Umii 908? :lurk: Is this the same spot I copped umii/BoO and some other stuff when I was in Boston two years ago?

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good day. Started slow, would have been a quick, hour thrift day. Found just enough stuff to make me scour the whole store for 2 hours.
Pants party
Baldwin chinos, baldwin jeans, 3x suitsupply cotton pants 1 NWT

Scotch & Soda, NWT Bill's, Dockers K-1 shirt

Reyn spooner sport coat

BB throwback sweatshirt

Patagonia beautiful colors for me, Southern Tide, VV Patch madras

NWT Billy Reid, VV purple gingham

All the above from one store
Found money. In a pr of Levi's that I couldn't figure out were men's or women's, so I checked the depth of the front pocket.
Shazam!

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an antique railroad jack that is 22 inches tall, 13 inches wide, and 7 inches deep. It weighs 65 pounds. What would be the best way to ship this big mother?

I'm doing my listing and I need to figure something out for the shipping.

Crap, sorry wrong thread. Meant to post in the ebay thread.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

got into a pretty epic shoot-out yesterday:

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Mens-Levi-Strauss-Jeans-Size-30X36-24015130.html

unheralded. i thought i had this all to myself, check out the bid history. there was another sophisticate involved.

the last 5 seconds turned into Enemy at the Gates, but i turned out to be Ed Harris and not Jude Law. i thought i had put in a nice fat cushion but only succeeded in taking a bunch of the air out of the other guy's balloon. now i'm curious how much ceiling he had. ah well...

Wait, why do you want them again?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, why do you want them again?

they don't show it but i'm 99% certain those are late 60s big E in fabulous condition. my dowsing rod told me so

turns out somebody else thought the same thing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads