1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. dazedstate

dazedstate Distinguished Member

[email protected] gave me a smoking deal on that first tie listed. Borderline thrift price.

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

lol perfect.

3. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Distinguished Member

4. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Distinguished Member

Still waiting for my Aeron to roll out at GW with a price like that. Nice find.

5. noob in 89

noob in 89 Distinguished Member

EDIT: How 'bout that local sports club?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015

6. Principle

Principle Senior Member

Scored an Aeropress today for five dollars the other day. My coffee paraphernalia is growing!

7. Versace Guy

Versace Guy Senior Member

Yep. Had I not passed on those stuff because they didn't fit, I would be a little richer today.

8. bpk1

bpk1 Senior Member

Hoping maybe one of you could help me figure out who this VV tie was made for - it's a custom collection piece - and my googlefu isn't working:

[​IMG]
    Thanks in advance!

9. va230815

va230815 Senior Member

Ill be heading to California in a few weeks and wanted to sell some clothes to the resell shops, like buffalo exchange, wasteland, etc. Anyone know what each of them values the most/will take more readily?

10. Yorker

Yorker Senior Member

Hmm. I think they were priced at 700 or so each, I'll go back and check on tuesday. I just went on a date with one of the employees, so maybe I could get a discount [​IMG]

11. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Distinguished Member

Anyone have experience with doing minor repair to cracked leather? Pleas hit me with a PM if you do

12. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

It's Coming....

Part 2.

[​IMG]

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Silence of the Lambs?
    :lol:

[​IMG]

Curious to know this too - if it was worth it to kop recent jcrew and similar at the thrifts and just bring to buffalo exchange to flip. On average I see JC for like 6.99 per shirt ish.

14. Mr G from SD

Mr G from SD Senior Member

My local Buffalo Exchanges usually price J Crew shirts around $20-25. They price pants at around $30. I thrift the stuff and bring it in when I need store credit. I don't view it as worth it when you just want the cash. They also seem to take every piece of Rag and Bone and Theory I have ever brought them.

Just got a Burberry trench and Burberry Brit cotton pea coat from them this weekend. Only ended up costing me about $75 in thrifted clothes. Not bad for 2 great outerwear pieces.

15. drlivingston

drlivingston Distinguished Member

I have a friend here in Birmingham who makes a decent second income selling to Plato's Closet. Places around here normally price PRL, Brooks Brothers, etc. shirts at around $2.99. He buys them and flips them at Plato's for a minimum of $8 each. Not a huge amount of profit per item. Fortunately, there are tons of these mediocre brands in our local thrifts.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015