1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Guitar Preacher

Guitar Preacher Senior Member

I never go out on saturdays,but,well

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These I paid up for ($40 a piece) and am extremely happy to own. I've seen others find recent EZ stuff and it was at the top of the list for myself. I'm guessing the darker jacket is an orphan?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of the snaps pulled through the fabric on this but should be fixable. First time handling something from this brand I like it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015

2. Shanejosephxxx

Shanejosephxxx Senior Member

Skeet and a silk knit. Waiting for tomorrow to do a longer day. [​IMG]

3. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Distinguished Member

If this still has the size & content label it will say at the bottom left whether suit or jacket on the newer Zenga labels. Like below, the left is a suit jacket barely see "Suit" the right a cashmere jacket.

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. Jompso

Jompso Distinguished Member

Definitely not an orphan. Nice pick ups, that cashmere street jacket is niiiice....but as I said earlier, you can tell here that this is a blazer due to a bold fabric texture, in this case a thicker twill weave. Straight sport jacket. They do make the traveller micronsphere fabric as an 80/20 wool silk blend and have made suits out of it, but this is also their ten pocket model, so this is a travel jacket. Plus the bottom of every Zegna tag will say either Suit or Jacket and you'll be able to tell right there what you have.

5. Ds13

Ds13 Distinguished Member

First day in Chicago with my girlfriend. @silverwarebandit and @eazye were kind enough to point me in the direction of a few nice shops in my area. So we decided to stop at a consignment store, I didn't find anything for myself but my girlfriend made a killing. The best of which is:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fits her perfectly and was very underpriced.

She was floored when I gave her an estimate on the retail.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015

6. Jompso

Jompso Distinguished Member

Sold a nearly brand new RLPL 3 piece solid navy suit 99% wool 1% cashmere by Chester Barrie on eBay 4 months ago. About 3 weeks ago I get contacted by paypal stating the buyer is opening a dispute stating the suit arrived heavily worn in areas and not as described.....over 3 FUCKING MONTHS LATER.....and then PAYPAL RULES IN HIS FAVOR AND TAKES $480 BUCKS FROM MY ACCOUNT. In a livid state I call and open a case to overturn, meanwhile these people have sent me back the suit. I have my tailor write a note saying it's not in the same condition it was sent in and send it to Paypal as evidence for the case. Just got an email informing me that I just received $480 bucks back into my account....and I also happen to have a nearly unworn RLPL Wool/Cash solid navy 3 piece to sell again.....For all the times they fuck the sellers, thank christ for the evidence that things can actually go our way sometimes......and this is probably the wrong thread for this story...

7. OolongT

OolongT Senior Member

Matchy matchy [​IMG]

8. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Distinguished Member

@Guitar Preacher that street jacket is the business. Your size as well?

9. cpmac7

cpmac7 Distinguished Member

These people are nightmares. I dont really care if this is the wrong thread but what is his username. He/she needs to be put on everyone's block list immediately!

10. dukedishin

dukedishin Distinguished Member

Re: orphans, I will almost always pick up an orphan from a good brand. at $8, there are plenty of people who don't care/don't know enough to differentiate that i can still turn a prophet. Pulled a Tom Ford-era Gucci orphan just this past week, and will do it for lesser brands.

Not Brooks Brothers or anything, but still. Just saying. 99% of the world does not know the difference between sport coat and suit jacket.

11. dukedishin

dukedishin Distinguished Member

12. OolongT

OolongT Senior Member

TIL that a Dutch Oven means something besides this:

[​IMG]

13. DapperE

DapperE Senior Member

Nice but not $7K nice.

14. Versace Guy

Versace Guy Senior Member

15. Guitar Preacher