• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stuff from yesterday:

Any help with this suit? Searching isn't finding much, but there is a TON of handwork. Pad stitching, hand attached collar, handsewn buttonholes, pick stitching, full canvas. The works. Best part is that it fits me

Very jealous. Brooklyn Tailors is great stuff. Got a few shirts from an outlet a few years ago and love them. Great cut, fabrics and quality. They sell (or did sell) the shirts and ties at Len Druskin. Never had the tailored stuff as far as I know. I saw the suits on Gilt (I think) awhile back. Pretty pricey, if I remember right.

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very jealous. Brooklyn Tailors is great stuff. Got a few shirts from an outlet a few years ago and love them. Great cut, fabrics and quality. They sell (or did sell) the shirts and ties at Len Druskin. Never had the tailored stuff as far as I know. I saw the suits on Gilt (I think) awhile back. Pretty pricey, if I remember right.

Very helpful information.

Thank you!

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Copped some blue suede slip on mocs by salvatore ferragamo. Thats the stuff im looking for right

varietygoods

Reaction score

In the field at an estate sale. Anyone wear 38S suits and like tradly suits like Woolf brothers? There are a bunch of them. Good staple colors/ patterns. Also a bunch of 8C Florsheim royal imperials. Any interest?

38S right here brother, flecked forest green tweed if they've got it!

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
38S right here brother, flecked forest green tweed if they've got it!

I took a picture. The suits were all $20. The lady likes me, so I can get them for less. There was also these really cool salesman cases. The Florsheims were all VERY nice. Also a few nice 38S coats.

This was a SUPER nice coat. $35 really nice Glen plaid

Here's the cases. $15 each

The suits are below $20 each before discount.

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

varietygoods

Reaction score

I took a picture. The suits were all $20. The lady likes me, so I can get them for less.   There was also these really cool salesman cases.  The Florsheims were all VERY nice.  Also a few nice 38S coats.  

The collar one that coat is baller! But too baller for me. If one of those grey or navy suits is in flannel I'll cash or trade for sure!

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A year later, bout to sign my first lease for an actual office for work so I now will have a whole room for all the racks and another for the studio, gettin a great deal although not the sexiest location, it's my first office so whatever...got another client this morning, feeling good decided to try my luck at a goodwill, and what do you know? They just restocked the tie rack, first one I touch is a ferragamo for a buck....$70 later they have no more ties and I have a ******* **** load, decent day so far

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those cases look pretty damn cool - hope you snagged one or all! Neato decorator item.

I didn't buy any of them. They are the hard plastic (VINTAGE) with brass hardware. They are flannel lined. The guy was a traveling shoe salesman and then became a sales rep for Samsonite.

I thought about getting a few. I'm probably going back tommorrow.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I didn't buy any of them.  They are the hard plastic (VINTAGE) with brass hardware.  They are flannel lined.  The guy was a traveling shoe salesman and then became a sales rep for Samsonite.  

I thought about getting a few. I'm probably going back tommorrow.  

Oh...yeah I probably would have passed as well. Thought they were wood or that hard pressboard or maybe tweed. Do look cool still stacked up like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads