The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Pop. Wouldn't have known these were a thing if it weren't for you guys. Serious pit stains on the second one though. First attempt at removal failed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cj52racers

Cj52racers Senior member

For the uninformed, who is that koala?

3. Steve Kane

Steve Kane Senior member

Every time you and SWB post insane stuff, I think it has to come from the place I'm thinking of, but I can't ever bring myself to go in there anymore. Since the remodel everything is so overpriced and I end up leaving empty handed. I did find a pair of Hanig shells and a cashmere Borrelli tie for next to nothing there before the move though.

4. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

5. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

I think I was talking to you on tumblr awhile back, we both live on the same street right? Yeah ... before the move, jesus I pulled cashmere hermes for $2.50, a horsey for $4, shell alden, kiton out the ass, and I don't know how much that I can't remember. I hate that place now but keep heading back.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  6. Letric

Letric Senior member

I like this name.

I may have a couple dozen Canali suits to pick from... None are 1934 tho -_-. Mostly Blue Label, Brown Label... No propostas or black labels.

7. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Lol what about jumping on the rack from the other side? I do that shit all the time and no one has said shit to me. A few times i did say I'll trade you spot and was all good.

8. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Senior member

Polo Sport was reformulated and the later version is considered very inferior. Yours is definitely pre-reform, as it's made by Cosmair. If you can find a batch code on the box, plug it into http://checkcosmetic.net/, and that should tell you the month and year of manufacture.

Value is probably somewhere between $50 and $100, but NIB condition could drive that higher. You might consider getting onto Basenotes or Fragrantica to sell it as a collectible, since the niche and vintage collectors cluster there. Put it onto B&S here too, and let the guys on the SOTD thread know.

9. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

I did pretty good but this humidity is sucking the life out of me so pics later.

10. dhazard

dhazard Well-Known Member

One of my favorite thrift finds and a first pick-up for me was this beauty. It is a 1977-79 Schwinn Women's metrocycle in amazing condition. All it needs are some new tires, and voila, the perfect 3 spd bike. My favorite part: made in Chicago. Any bike thrifters out here?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  11. freehand

freehand Senior member

Found some cool stuff this morning. Everything is available bar the MMM shirt.

Duchamp (Slim 15") and MMM shirts
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Givenchy grey/black suede hi-tops, great condition EU42. I passed on these initially as they were a little pricey. Then checked eBay sold listings and legged it back to the shop.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've passed on this loads too as that is a hole you can see by the lapel. It's a 42 ish. But it was dropped to £3 so it was rude not to...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above is available at cost (so postage basically) if anybody would like to fix it up.

My favourite find by a mile, condition is great and it's a maker I really like, now defunct, called Invertere. They made some incredible coats, based in Newton Abbott. This is a classic of theirs, the Buffercoat. I'm gutted that this is too big for me but someone here should really own it. It doesn't have a size label and I haven't measured but it's around a Large.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you won't take my word for it, take Jesse's... http://putthison.com/post/1265059479/its-on-ebay-invertere-buffer-coat-invertere

12. Woofa

Woofa Senior member

E-Thrift
    Gravati suede Monks
    [​IMG]

13. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

I think this shot is of the inside of the shoe, but I'm still slightly creeped out by it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  14. DapperE

DapperE Senior member

^^^ Crotch Shot.

15. freehand

freehand Senior member

I meant to apologise about that, it's worse that a 7 fold innards shot.