The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

Only one thing today: First Issue pressing of The Wall. Seemed like a fine grab for the outrageous Goodwill price of $6. It's in pretty great condition already, but some of this advice will come in handy: http://lpcoverlover.com/restoration-tips/

2. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

I believe so. cost plus postage for you.

Yup! Mrs Vader has a 300hp Subaru Legacy GTB as the family wagon. and man, with snow up to the mirrors? it powers through. -If you got snow? Subaru's a go. in summer? Track times.

[​IMG] the only color i like these in. wanted this for a over a decade now. [​IMG] but the deals? collecting my random swag right now. and will post some unique stuff at the best prices i can do tomorrow. 5-6 items. but all are "Ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh".................

3. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Is this the Hilfiger...?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

Ran into eazye yesterday while making the rounds. We hit a few spots and found a whole lot of nothing. I managed to find at least a couple things at the last spot but nothing crazy.

Unstructured triple patch pocket tweedy goodness. Leather patches, surgeon cuffs, 3/2 etc. never heard of the brand but I couldn't resist. L
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heavy weight Filson flannel workshirt XL

[​IMG]

Canali dual vent herringbone 52

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. vexco

vexco Senior member

Some stuff from the past couple of days. All available.

Vintage bespoke Paul Smith. FU plaid, for sure. Sized about 42, I believe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Isaia 3/2 roll, dual vent, etc. 46L

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blue glen plaid with tan overcheck 3 piece. 44R. Vented and such. Second one of these I've found.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Ds13

Ds13 Senior member

In Texas visiting my grandparents (just outside of San Antonio) for the past week.

Hit one thrift store to pass some time while in town, wasn't expecting to find anything when the back heel of these caught my eye. They were sitting hidden up on a display under a scarf.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Look to have shelf wear but not much more than that, MAYBE 1 wear.

Last night I was talking about wool blankets for some reason and said I really wanted to buy a Hudson Bay blanket but didn't feel like paying a bunch of money for a blanket. My grandma says "oh! I have 2 of those sitting in storage that you can have. We don't use them in Texas" (they retired from MN to Texas)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then finally, a huge belated shoutout to @mjmcmcribb. I asked if anyone had a set of hybrids that I could buy and he hooked me up big time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I actually thrifted my entire set. Callaway razr x tour irons (full set), Taylor made R7 driver (a bit dated but does the job), and that 24k gold plated putter. I wasn't planning on actually using the putter until I tried it and ended up liking it more than my original one. And then obviously the hybrids mentioned earlier. Ignore the 3 and 4 irons, I need to get rid of those randos.

7. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Senior member

Okay, get yourselves ready. I found the oddest most random things today. And what I think might be a couple thread firsts.

Pics to come soon.

8. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

[​IMG]

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh, POPCORN!

9. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Lol my favorite was the little guy with boxers. No, those are not the real McCoy's you've been looking for.

10. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Beautiful jacket! Never knew they did tailored stuff. I see shirts from them all time time, mostly golf shirts.

11. eazye

eazye Senior member

^^^^^Clyde Stubblefield aka "the funky drummer" lives (or at least did live) in Madison, WI. He used to come down to Milwaukee every couple weeks and play at this tiny Jazz club called the Estate. I was lucky enough to see him about 15-20 times and actually shoot the shit with him on a number of occasions. His drumming was absolutely mesmerising. Thats one cold ass dude and a really nice guy.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015

12. dukedishin

dukedishin Senior member

clyyyyyyyyde

13. txwoodworker

txwoodworker Senior member

14. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Senior member

I didn't realize how odd this little collection of stuff was until I took pictures.

I don't know if this first item is a thread first, but its definitely a first for me!

A REAL Scottish Kilt!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crown Royal Hat for IROC racing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was the filet knife I mentioned on a different thread. Apparently they sell for more than $100 on ebay!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This caught my eye immediately. It is a HEAVY glass Champagne Ice Bucket from Perrier-Jouet. It also has a bottle of the same with it (unfortunately the bottle is empty). But, the Buckets sell well and hopefully the addition of the bottle will put the set over the top!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have always liked fountain pens, but never really had the occasion to buy one.

But, several months ago, I found a very nice, large and heavy Waterman and decided I really like Fountain Pens.

Well, I found several at a sale:

This particular one is a lever filler from the 40's.

[​IMG]

A very nice 1940's Lever filler

[​IMG]

The Waterman I found previously

[​IMG]

A really interesting Shaeffer from the 1950's.

[​IMG]

This one below is a vacuumatic filler (took a long time to figure that one out).

[​IMG]

It has a 14K nib

[​IMG]

I also thrifted several Braces (Trafalgar, Trafalgar woven leather, Polo (super nice)) AND a new briefcase for my stepdaughter (she specifically said she wanted one). She is 15 and really into debate -- which really warms my heart because I was debater, too. She is still trying to figure things out because she is a Cheerleader and a Debater -- two groups that don't usually mix.

15. Takai

Takai Senior member

Good news, bad news;

The first two are Esterbrook J;s, very inexpensive, starter pens.

The Waterman looks nice, newer, going to guess made in france. A few $$ there

The Sheaffer is a student cartridge pen, pretty much worth less, but they're nifty to look at

The Parker looks like a Duovac, but I would need some better pics to confirm additional info. With it being a vac filler, unfortunately restoration/repair costs are pretty high. Last one I had done was 40$ to have repaired.