• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone recognize this tag? Decided to keep this. There was another label on the inside but it was removed.

Last edited:

JFST

Reaction score
It's been hectic these 2 weeks, lot's of stress on the job, my internet provider crapped on me so I had to switch to verizon and the very next day my phone died soo...
cloud.gif

I thrifted some ****, several pop for me:

Patagonia cords

Christina Lehr top/pullover

Tryed again with t shirts, this looks neat

RL Sport

Black Fleece Shirt

Burberry x2 N/A

Etro pants (think they're womens)

Colorful tyrwhitt shirt

VTG? Patagonia fleeece

Y3 t shirt N/A

First hermes and su misura EZ

Bergdorff Goodman linen shirt

Vitaliano Pancaldi (don't know if this is actually a good one, the name sounded flashy and reminiscent of something I seen in this thread perhaps

RLBL 40R Plaid Suit Amazing, so bummed it doesn't fit me (too slim) N/A

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ That BBBF Oxford shirt and the RLBL suit are killer scores!

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@JFST, that Patagonia Snap T is probably late 90s/Early 00s. Look for a tag that says something like FA00, SP99, S98, W01.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This will be the last REI Sale for me as a resident of California. It looks like it could be epic.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain those ones @the2ndhandman found are 1971 - 1976. The single-digit stampings on the back of the top button were pre mid-70's.

JFST

Reaction score
@JFST , that Patagonia Snap T is probably late 90s/Early 00s. Look for a tag that says something like FA00, SP99, S98, W01.
The only numbers on the tags are W766F, RN 51884, STYLE 25450...
patch[1].gif

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain those ones @the2ndhandman found are 1971 - 1976. The single-digit stampings on the back of the top button were pre mid-70's.

no, no... i was asking @the2ndhandman to explain how a little e 501 was made in 1965 ... little e didn't appear until 1971, and why wouldn't there be 70s jeans stamped with a 6?

and since we're on the subject let's do an experiment:

@Letric would you mind you've got a couple of pairs of legit vintage denim, right? little e or big e?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The only numbers on the tags are W766F, RN 51884, STYLE 25450...
patch%5B1%5D.gif

If no tags have been cut off, that might be a little earlier. They stopped making Synchilla fleeces in the US somewhere around 2002 (I do not know exactly which season they switched). I have a Snap T from 1991 which has a season tag on it. When I get home, I'll snap some pics of the tags to show you what I mean.

Last edited:

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

little e made from 1971 - early 80s (84 i believe)...

thanks for the additional pics amigo! 
OK so 65 might be a little early but the site I was looking at said any with a single stich rear pocket and single digit stamp were pre 1970. Chain stitch pockets were after 1971. Remember those sample dusplay jeans I have there button is number 6 but chain stitched rear pocket and they have the actual handwritten build tag in the pocket that was written in grease pen by hand and we're produced in December of 1966 and still little e. This is why I hate dating levis there so all over the place with the dating.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Say more about this. What is this "turned" you speak of.

It been many years since my first journey to Ho Avenue. Many lives have changed...but the game in the Point remains the same:

The only thing I think about, what scares me, is that, when I get into that store, am I going to come out alive?

Once customer like French cuffs; his wife don't do French cuffs. I said, My God -- what's a closet without French cuffs?

Sea Island cotton. That got me into the life. Sea Island cotton the best pimp in the world..

Only on HBO. It's not TV, it's HBO.

Last edited:

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It been many years since my first journey to Ho Avenue. Many lives have changed...but the game in the Point remains the same:

Once customer like French cuffs; his wife don't do French cuffs. I said, My God -- what's a closet without French cuffs?

:crackup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads