1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Koala-T

Koala-T Distinguished Member

WTG, @Takai ! That's rad!

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

4. ChetB

ChetB Distinguished Member

Oh man. I had all of those. Loved He-Man so much.

Garbage Pail Kids too.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015

5. SpooPoker

just looked at completed listings for garbage pail kids

FUCK MENSWEAR

6. HansderHund

HansderHund Distinguished Member

The words are actually printed on the lens, I believe. The lenses are supposed to be removed and replaced with prescription lenses. Here is the tie...it is nice, right? I was going to throw it into my cabinet, but it's available if you want it!

[​IMG]

I've been to Garbage Pail National Park. Mount Garbage Pail is much smaller than you'd think.

7. dukedishin

dukedishin Distinguished Member

This was an amazingly informative article. Love this, does this guy have more info???

Also, I will say that the Tom James Sartoria line is awesome. I have found two shirts from them and they are great quality, especially the fabric itself. I've seen Filo A' Mano orphans and they always look and feel nice but never thought of picking them up. If I find SCs or suits, I will be from now on.

8. eazye

eazye Distinguished Member

Holy crap! Up Chuck! Wow, I just had a serious case of nostalgia.

9. capnwes

capnwes Distinguished Member

I'd wear it just like that. Grease and all.

10. ChetB

ChetB Distinguished Member

I have vivid memories of playing with that suction-mouthed guy in the bathtub when I was a little kid. And the telescoping neck guy. And staging epic battles with all those dudes in Castle Grayskull.

11. SpooPoker

im finna finish uploading these auctions then have a battle royale with my daughter

what was the panthers name?

12. capnwes

Dude, you might want to seek professional help.

13. capnwes

Cringer AKA Battle Cat, I think.

Oh wait you mean the purple one? Panthor

14. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Distinguished Member

I spent a couple days roaming around Tampa, St. Pete and points nearby (Bay Area in general). Had some luck at the Salvation Army on S. MacDill in Tampa. None of the other chain shops were all that memorable (GW, SA, Sunshine)...had decent luck at indie / church-run thrifts, but those are always going to be hit or miss. That was about 2 years ago. When I went back last year I stayed on the Clearwater side of the bay - hit the regular shops - nothing memorable...went down to Bradenton & Sarasota and hit several but no big/memorable finds there either.
    I think your best bet is Naples, then on down to Miami-Dade-West Palm. I'm going back in Nov and will spend more time at the pool, beach and tiki bar and less time thrifting - maybe a half day at best - was never really worth the time & effort.

Dude...it's obvious that they lace up the other way and are women's shoes. And that little tab on the front is to attach the optional tampon holster. Hoo man, I hope you know how to protect yourself, out among the hooligans of Switzerland, wearing girl shoes.

15. SpooPoker

I'm still laughing