The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. varietygoods

varietygoods Well-Known Member

Are these a thing?

This is only the second CM article I've picked up since reading through this thread and educating myself.

These are flannel, sort of a jean cut to the front pockets (which prevents your change from falling out, traditional trou style back pockets, flat front, and clean (no piss), looks to be unworn. So if you're looking for flannel Pal Zileri pants in Eu 52, if we're not already Pals, we Zil be!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. silverwarebandit

silverwarebandit Senior member

I've got a swatch (or leather cuttings) sampler from horween I could throw in the box.

3. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if it only says "32L" instead of like, "34w 32l" then what that usually means is 32 waist, long length, with the other varieties being 32R (reg) and 32S (short). This is relatively common on dress pants, and I've seen it on some denim as well, though I've never handled Edwins.

4. jumpman1231

jumpman1231 Senior member

Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

You should start a brand only box.

RLPL
    Borrelli
    Attolini
    Drakes
    Kent Wang
    Panta

etc... cap it at 10 makers that are broad enough to work.

The learning box I really don't have anything to give to help sorry but sounds like a great idea... I just sent 100 ties off to snoogz so Id fit sure be interested in the tie box!

5. dazedstate

dazedstate Senior member

Those are pretty sick. I'd holla if they were my size. I think Pal Zileri is underrated. My fit a page or two back was a PZ suit.

6. classicthrifter

classicthrifter Senior member

Count me in for the knowledgebox. I'll send a Charvet tie. Maybe an EZ suit label? People can do a short write up note with the pieces they send so we can learn even more perhaps. I would love to see/feel shell cordovan, I wonder if this would help my "find by feel" game in the stores... Great idea @SpooPoker !

Was on vacation then moved. Haven't listed in 3 weeks. [​IMG]

My inventory is all over the place.... Slowly slowly things are coming back together. Been thrifting a few things a day to build up my store for the busy season but nothing bragworthy here, all fodder.

7. OolongT

OolongT Senior member

If you've seen one, you've seen them all - the sunglasses box that sits on the counter. [​IMG] We're all too familiar with it. So familiar that it's almost invisible. Sometimes we give it a passing glance and move it's contents around, but we always see the same old things.. plastic Chinese garbage that should be in the trashcan instead of on the countertop. Let's take a peek and see Grandpa goggles and a abandoned magnetic clip on. [​IMG] Just as I expected and seen 100 timws before. Always a pile of shit. Ain't no one got time for that! We're too busy to pay attention because we're on the hunt for treasure, not trash! But not today. Today box, I will pay you some respect and see why you are sitting on the counter. Or better yet, maybe I'll just take you home with me. #truethrift #onestop #1 - Oakleys Frames are in solid shape but needs new orange lenses and ear socks. [​IMG] #2 - Ray Bans Aviators Each arm appears to be intentionally bent in the middle, but fixable. Love the blue mirrored lenses [​IMG] #3 - Porsche Design by Carrera Funky ass case and extra set of lenses. [​IMG] #4 - Gucci Colorful frame and pretty ugly. That's the Gucci I know and love. [​IMG] #5 - Gucci (again) Lenses are toast but I love these frames. [​IMG] #6 - Mikli by Mikli Hand made in Japan. Works for me! [​IMG] #7 - Oliver Peoples Case is roughed up on the outside but glasses are perfect. Bonus cleaning cloth. [​IMG] #8 - Oliver Peoples (again) Another torched case hiding amazing frames. Very cool wooden arms. [​IMG] #9 - Lunor The sleek wooden case these came in is sick! [​IMG] #10 - Kazuo Kawasaki So in love with these. Perfect! [​IMG] #11 - Cazal Still has plastic lenses so probably never used [​IMG] Don't neglect the box, you just never know.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015

8. Cj52racers

Cj52racers Senior member

^gotdamn
    I love the PD Carreras man. Awesome pile

9. drlivingston

drlivingston Senior member

I am sure that 99% of you guys are familiar with the Ask Andy site. We tried the "tie box" idea over there a couple times. It was always a dismal failure. Several of us would send ties to a single person who put them in a box. Then that box was routed to various members who signed up to receive the aforementioned box. Well, fast forward a few weeks, the box goes missing and people start pointing fingers. It was a pain in the ass. Perhaps SF can do it better. It is a slightly different premise from the AAAC box. I am not normally quite so skeptical. It was just a little too much deja vu when I saw the subject of "tie box" being re-visited.

10. Cj52racers

Cj52racers Senior member

I've been reading the threads spoo posted like short stories. Just when they get boring, they get interesting. None disappoint.

I'd rather just buy stuff from you guys. Guarantee what I actually want. Less bitching.

11. JFST

JFST Senior member

Lovely idea, THE BOX! If I knew I wouldn't have thrown out some left over material from a Prada suit I have, wool and mohair [​IMG](I was pretty shocked when I touched mohair for the first time, such strength),anyway will see if I have anything to contribute.

12. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

Ah....I have the cashmere Pringles sweater from the garage sale which did not reveal its more than sufficient ventilation holes until seen in the daylight. That can go into the Knowledge Box.

13. Woofa

Woofa Senior member

I would also like to suggest that we now officially call Richnet "The Box Master," or "Keeper of the Box." Or some such cool name.

Finally, once we have a separate thread, I would like to make sure that one of you computer guys places in the link from Seven where Brad Pitt says:
    "What's in the F-cking Box???"

14. dazedstate

dazedstate Senior member

15. ahk11

ahk11 Senior member

I was involved with that one a few years back. What a trainwreck that was.