The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

[​IMG]
    Dale of norway

[​IMG]
    Really need that gren swatch

[​IMG]
    Helmut lang nylon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

The Coo Know is responsible to mail out the sample box to the thread member, keep track of its whereabouts and collect the box back again?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015

3. double00

double00 Senior member

@richnet12 i wasn't coming after anybody, just playing off of your joke... anyways, peace!

4. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

No problem double 00. I knew they were going to be misspellings when I pushed send. If I was to raise a firestorm I will start yelling "Loro Diana!". I made the mistake of saying that misspelling once and really got hammered...lol!

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

No. Your job description ends when you send the box out for the first time. Its up to the hive to manage its next steps. The current possessor of the box bears all responsibility. The first guy just has to have all the samples mailed to him, to organize it. The box will grow over time, but we need a starter kit.

6. Takai

Takai Senior member

Im starting to think with the sheer amount of stuff, multiple swatch books might be doable.

7. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

You really think the possessor of the box will pass it on? It could work. I followed a thread once where a no name cheap guitar was passed from Musician to Musician all around the world. Each musician made a special piece of music with the instrument. It was pretty cool. There was a charitable connection to it as well. (Ie Salvation Army for us) I could see each person putting their personal signature on this box by added a personal favorite. Why not. I will be next if you like. Just have figure out what to contribute.

8. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

I was thinking the same thing. Lots of great folks on here. Then again, there's always the chance that it may not get passed on either. Wasn't there a tie box or something awhile back that failed because someone just never passed it on?

I guess we won't know until we try.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2015

9. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

Oh,fake Burberry tags....plenty of those cast aside around here.

10. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

If the box had a separate thread, and the acknowledged receipt and passing on was noted, we would all know who should have the box.

11. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

You guys think we should keep this to regular posters only in the beginning? Would suck if we put in all that work for it to dissapear

12. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

got a haircut tonight and the stylist had also lived in chicago - we talked at great length about Lou Malnati's, Giordano's, Bartoli's etc. can't get any real deep dish down here. but we have waffle house which partly makes up for it. damn i'm hungry now.

anyhooze i'll see if i have anything in my redonate pile - off the top of my head i don't have anything in my "to sell" or "keep for self" piles.

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

someone ran away with the tie swap box.

the honus of responsibility to pass it on falls only on someone else who wants it. i mean, it wont be like live merch thats worth selling, so all thats lost is time if the box is lost. the noobs are the ones who really need it the most. and like you said, unless you try, you never know.

lets get this popping - no volunteers? i promise it won't take up more than a few hours of your month at most and you won't have to worry about it again. I'm just too busy and have too many boxes to coordinate it.

14. SpooPoker

[​IMG]

15. richnet12

richnet12 Senior member

I am volunteering....but also still trying to come up with something to add to the box.