• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thread first for Jacob Cohen?

4E170CEC-5B23-4A58-8E33-8CB4C0920AAF.jpeg
90770F33-42FD-42BF-92D3-A938FBFB4646.jpeg

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, I just got back from Newport. Awesome town. Bring the EG's with you so its cheaper to send them to me from the east coast. :)

Small world... I was in Newport on Wednesday, and Block Island on Friday, last week. We usually go for a day trip to each while staying at the lake house. Brought some friends with us to Block Island, and when we're pulling up on the ferry, they said it looks like Bermuda, just with less colorful homes/buildings. Highly recommend going if anyone gets a chance.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Small world... I was in Newport on Wednesday, and Block Island on Friday, last week. We usually go for a day trip to each while staying at the lake house. Brought some friends with us to Block Island, and when we're pulling up on the ferry, they said it looks like Bermuda, just with less colorful homes/buildings. Highly recommend going if anyone gets a chance.

This past Wednesday? I was there on Wednesday, haha.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random fact of the day: steaming shoes does make a better fit if you thrifted a pair that's slightly loose.
Thanks, SF and YouTube

Why do you have my face as your avatar?

:smarmy:

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This past Wednesday? I was there on Wednesday, haha.

Yeah... what are the odds? Haha. Fiancee and I were chilling around Thames, grabbed some food, and went through the antiques market in the harbor too... saw a couple interesting things there:
A1B5EC29-459E-4BB7-9282-AE93BE8D3BBE.jpeg

A02A0110-DA44-47CA-BF89-FDB22EEB0F87.jpeg

C8663B6D-A6F2-48F9-B9D6-B7D87BA1642C.jpeg

E51ED9AD-5263-4D2B-B820-7F4AB04F06D6.jpeg

Didn't ask to look at it, but think the Vacheron was a thin Patrimony maybe?

Last edited:

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a pair of shoes I thrifted quite a while ago. I have been going through my hoard to get my house all cleaned out for the sale. I remember buying these and thinking they were a size 10. They are not. They are my size 11-11.5 narrow. I know they are black shell cordovan, but I am trying to determine a maker. They need a good polish and some time with shoe trees.

BSC LWB.jpg

The guys on the vintage shoe thread have nailed down the size. 11.5B. I think that is shown on the left (2115). Can anyone identify the maker from the other clues? I don't know the answer. There are no other logos or writing to figure it out. They were clearly well made. Nice thick sole, GY Welt, square head nails for the heel, etc.

BSC LWB2.jpg

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random fact of the day: steaming shoes does make a better fit if you thrifted a pair that's slightly loose.
Thanks, SF and YouTube
If you're talking about Bespoke Addict, it's insane what that gentleman does to resize his vintage shoes. Steaming some bespoke Lobbs lol I never thought it possible, very cool though!

madeinbogota

Reaction score
Here is a pair of shoes I thrifted quite a while ago. I have been going through my hoard to get my house all cleaned out for the sale. I remember buying these and thinking they were a size 10. They are not. They are my size 11-11.5 narrow. I know they are black shell cordovan, but I am trying to determine a maker. They need a good polish and some time with shoe trees.

View attachment 1019347

The guys on the vintage shoe thread have nailed down the size. 11.5B. I think that is shown on the left (2115). Can anyone identify the maker from the other clues? I don't know the answer. There are no other logos or writing to figure it out. They were clearly well made. Nice thick sole, GY Welt, square head nails for the heel, etc.

View attachment 1019348

The inside writing looks pretty similar to that pair I posted a week or two ago that I needed help on. They turned out to be Phi Bates, which was the precursor to Bates (the company that makes a lot of work shoes, sure we've all seen em). Maybe compare them with the few other pairs of Phi Bates floating around to see if there are any other distinguishable marks that are similar.

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1019347

View attachment 1019348
The toe medallion looks a lot like Florsheim. Maybe something they private labeled for a department store? I haven't seen Hanovers, Nunn Bush, Bostonians or Crosby Squares with that pattern.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Petition for "Thrift Summit Japan 2020"

Affordable Hotels, group rooms on futons for good prices. (trad rooms with tatami floors)
Onsens (with Monkeys)
The best food in the world. (try me)
scenery. no joke.
sports. do you want to rock climb indoors, have us cheer you on?
crafts, pottery? or stone/wood carving?
Wanna make your own fabric on a trad loom?
wanna try Kendo?
Japanese Caligraphy?
tour the fish markets,watch the boats come in?

A week of Gaijins letting the locals show us what makes them proud.

or? and? you want the best Thrift there is. at personal prices. meet the locals, ride in a "Million mile Taxi" spend a day on a farm. with real people. eat lunch under the sun on a Plastic crate. feel the earth in your hands, then observe the stars.
while eating food you harvested. and an outdoor BBQ.

i promise, there will be Fireworks.

GM-H

Reaction score
IMG_2265.JPG
IMG_2266.JPG
IMG_2267.JPG
IMG_2268.JPG

Oldest Charvet ive ever seen
IMG_2269.JPG
IMG_2271.JPG
IMG_2272.JPG

This thing is freakin sick, 3x patch pockets, 1/4 lined, Sciammeria spider
IMG_2275.JPG
IMG_2277.JPG
IMG_2279.JPG
IMG_2280.JPG
IMG_2281.JPG

IMG_2282.JPG

Ibex has Bain Capital embroidery lol
IMG_2285.JPG

I know these have no value but ooze euro 70's
IMG_2286.JPG

Junk for myself, The kooples is a thing right?
IMG_2287.JPG
IMG_2289.JPG

@SpooPoker not quite as cool as the ones in your store but ill take em
IMG_2291.JPG

Sweet ass CP Company jacket for myself for $3
IMG_2299.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads