1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Tweets

Tweets Senior Member

Looks like Isaia 7 Fold label

2. Tom Pepper

Tom Pepper Senior Member

My bad, thanks.

3. cpmac7

cpmac7 Distinguished Member

Thanks Tweets

4. suited

suited Distinguished Member

Part of my outlet haul. Not pictured are 6 additional ISAIA shirts, 2 Cucinelli dress shirts (I paid $19.99 for one of them) and a Brioni shirt.

Total haul was 13x ISAIA dress shirts, 2 meaty ISAIA cashmere sweaters, 1 Zegna dress shirt, 2 Cucinelli dress shirts, 1 Brioni dress shirt, plus about 13 ties, some of which are not pictured. Prices were tits.

Best part about the haul (beside the fact that this weekend was a tax holiday for items under $100) - there was a half rack of ISAIA cashmere sweaters that had a stamp on the tag. I asked the salesperson what the stamp meant, and he said they will ring up between $20 and $59 each. I almost shit my pants, but calmly said "okay." After he walks away I grab every sweater on the rack. He comes back over a few minutes later and told me he had spoken with the manger again because they were trying to figure out how a $1,500 sweater was that cheap. Turns out they were priced incorrectly. I was bummed, but still stoked because I had an armful of other good deals. My wife finishes shopping and comes over and I tell her the sweater story. She ain't havin' it. She asks to speak with the manager and to make a long story short, they agree to sell me 2 of the sweaters for $59 each.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dem sweaters. One is a shawl hoodie, the other buttons at the neck, both 100% cashmere.

[​IMG]

Coolest tie I've found. Isaia, self tipped grenadine.
    [​IMG]

Also appears to be a grenadine.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015

5. Fueco

Fueco Stylish Dinosaur

LOL, no I'm good. At the moment, I'm cleaning a paint stain off of a Penfield down vest. If it wasn't a little too small, I'd be keeping it as well. Hopefully I can get all of the paint off it, then off to Ebay it goes.

I believe that Serac is a Canadian company. I'm not familiar with the quality of their stuff, but I recall seeing some on the slopes when I went skiing in the Canadian Rockies a few years back.

6. ChetB

ChetB Distinguished Member

Chanel freebie tee
    [​IMG]

1980 Picasso numbered lithograph
    [​IMG]

Gucci bit loafers, midnight blue? seem not quite black
    [​IMG]

Brooks Brothers / Peal x 2
    [​IMG]

dope linen Luciano Barbera with hidden button down collar
    [​IMG]

old man PJs
    [​IMG]

Etro square
    [​IMG]

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

is the forum displaying funny for anyone else on safari?

8. double00

double00 Distinguished Member

i had problems with photos earlier, that hadn't ever happened before... gave it time and it all loaded.

9. Koala-T

Koala-T Distinguished Member

You've had too many beers. [​IMG]

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

11. Koala-T

Koala-T Distinguished Member

Weird. Not doing that to me. Beta testing new UI?

12. HansderHund

HansderHund Distinguished Member

I've been caught up with a number of projects and once I got behind, I thought I would just catch up before I posted. Unfortunately, I've been 2,000+ posts behind for several weeks. It's been a blast reading though, some unbelievable finds. I haven't thumbed any posts as I thought that would confuse those that receive email notifications. I would have thumbed hundreds of posts over the past couple of months though!

Nice to be noticed when I'm gone though, thanks @SpooPoker. Oh, and:

"Jeder Topf findet seinen Deckel"

In the meantime, we received a visit from this guy:

[​IMG]

Without exaggerating, approximately 90% of my knowledge of pregnant women comes exclusively from mid-'90s sitcoms and various comedies. Needless to say, this has been a learning experience for me thus far. As soon as I know the gender, expect desperate pleas of awesome clothing.

Very true. Of course, we found out about the new addition to our family after I had made extensive plans to reroute plumbing/drains, tile, etc. I decided the prudent thing to do would be to scale back a bit and update it rather than do a total gut job.

A few quick after-shots for those that care:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyway, I'll do my best to catch up entirely and will hopefully get a few shots of finds posted in the next day or two!

13. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Distinguished Member

Styleforum thinks you're on mobile for some reason. Maybe clear cache/cookies and refresh?

14. PLaydice

PLaydice Senior Member

ĒGOÏSTE shirt is dope, its prob on the smaller side huh. i got a button up meant for male employees that work at the makeup counter somewhere, its just a cheap ass black chinese made shirt with "CHANEL" and the logo embroidered on the pocket, but I grabbed it anyway. i dig the weird stuff.

15. eazye

eazye Distinguished Member

Congrats Hans!!!!!