The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. winny94

winny94 Senior member

This is so friggin sweet. Since it's NA, please tell me it's anything other than a 39-41.

2. the2ndhandman

the2ndhandman Senior member

[​IMG]@jompso these are all less than 3 months old. So when you say I'm not out fighting the rack battle You got another thing coming. Hundreds of items thrifted and thousands of dollars And I hold a full time job so I don't want to hear it anymore. @letric thanks you know what I do. I did get some kitty cat yesterday I'll share later. We can share we know are area and what is in it and when. It's all luckkkkkkkkkk.

3. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Senior member

That's an interesting way to view things. Tragic heroes are just heroes -- no tragedy.

So, the following would be very different in your world:

King Kong gets Fay Ray and climbs to the top of the Empire State building where he sets up his home and everyone lives happily ever after.

Romeo and Juliet ends right after they get married.

Macbeth kills Duncan and becomes king of Scotland. The end.

Oedipus kills his father and marries his mother and has a happy and long reign as king.

In the old man and the sea, Santiago catches the great fish and then it's over.

In Anthony and Cleopatra, Cleopatra surrenders to Octavius and he says Psyche! And then he gives her everything back and goes back to Rome.

In Reservoir Dogs, no one dies and it all works out great.

Arnie doesn't die in Christine and instead becomes a successful contestant on Jeopardy and wins a lot of car shows with his beautiful car that doesn't kill anyone else.

After Lucifer's Rebellion in Paradise Lost, God says, "Hey, It's Cool. I forgive you, let's go have a beer."

At the End of the Harry Potter Series, Voldemort says, "Wait, you guys thought I was serious? It was just a joke. They all have a good laugh and then Voldemort opens up a day care for muggle children and becomes Godfather to Ron and Hermione's Kids.

4. the2ndhandman

the2ndhandman Senior member

@letric [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Theres more but I won't bore everyone with stuff.

5. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

I never went either way with my claims, I never accused you of not being a steady thrifter I also wasn't sure if you were, I was curious to find out, thus the original statement. I believe you. I believe you put in the work whenever you can I believe you do it as often as you can as well. I was never a doubter, just was merely in question. So I wasn't giving you anything to hear, I was also waiting to see proof of true thrift. Honestly man, how you acquire your goods is none of my fucking business. It started with me misreading the original new thrifts in LA post. When people come to LA, without fail, they message me whether it be for some tips, advice or whatever, in a sense, a kind gesture stating Im coming into your territory and plan on thrifting will you help a brotha out and if so how much and what and so on and so forth...and then I just see this post and a million facts came rushing towards me, 1. Your heavy in consignment 2. The thrifts are bare 3. This is my area and Im refuse to look like a bitch on my home turf and get shown up. Thus I took preliminary steps to make sure I covered all my basis cuz I take great pride in my ability to cover this town very well. I know every back street shortcut and alternate route there is, being born her has its advantages. So as where one person may be able to hit about 6 or so spanning cross town, I can get 9 full thrifts in easy, cuz I know exact when and wear to be an not be at what times of the day. This is a skill that is highly valuable thrifting in a city with the worst traffic in the country. So I cover everything I need or want, and I know product times and when to hit what wear etc.. I pride myself in this and I'd be totally embarassed if I were to be shown up on my territory. This is the root of all the evil, my dumb, foolish pride. I couldn't take the hit, refused to. Too much of my self worth is wrapped up in my skills at this, like a little too much, so getting played woulda made me feel like a fuckin punk.

6. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

No, please share your finds in my town... I see your frequenting one of the nicer Goodwills, your either on Beverly or your strategy is hitting the thrifts South of LA in which I applaud that, I never do, they should be ripe. Pasedena has money and you should find good shit South. A Kiton on beverly would be a super rare come up.

7. PLaydice

PLaydice Senior member

I told you.
    Im really down right now homies, Sean price passed away. If you don't know who he is its all good, but If you are at all a fan of Bootcampl click/ Heltah Skeletah or his solo work you are bummed right now.
    Haven't felt this bad about a rapper since they killed Mac Dre.

8. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

MIC TYSON?!?! DONKEY SEAN IS DEAD??? FUCK!.... I never felt Mac Dre so that I cannot relate but this hits hard. Fucking Ruck and Rock. Holy shit I feel like I lost someone semi close, his albums were literally what I would spin just by default .... this fucking sucks.... fuckin bootcamp used to own. My favorite was OGC though cuz one of my favorite rappers is Hurricane Starang, the only dude to this day besides Pac to diss Biggie on wax and Biggie didnt do shit cuz he knew how gutter Starang was and you dont fuck with Da Storm....but he just decided to fucking quite one day..

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  9. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

I mean yea.... or my personal favorite BELLY, directed by none other than Hype Wiliams starring DMX and Nas, and Nas never moves away to Africa with his baby and Method man never gets killed with the shot gun and DMX doesn't get arrested in a restuarant while he is smoking a blunt....in the resturuant. Or the Big Lebowski, Donny never dies, the dude gets a kid, and that dumb bitch stays in Vegas cuz who cares about her anyway. The Godfather doesn't die in the garden and Sonny doesn't get blasted, Fredo needed to get fuckin done though so Godfather 2 gets full run.

10. PLaydice

PLaydice Senior member

Yeah, im smoking some Mango Pi√ĎA right now listening to some classics by my dude. I took it for granted he'd be here for a while. his wiki already changed to "was" instead of "is" and thats when it really sunk in and started to suck......

11. Letric

Letric Senior member

Lol... I like how you marked out the store #. But just it being priced at $6.99, I know which stores it's not. Great score. 8/5 eh?.... Hmm.

12. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Senior member

Lol! I like it. AND Godfather 3 doesn't get made at all because that movie turns Michael into a tragic hero and He appears WEAK! (It also shouldn't have been made because Sophia Coppola can't act her way out of a paper bag).

13. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Man, I can barely follow the action in this thread any more...

Picked this up on Thursday, shipped it this morning. I love it when I can turn a 9X profit on things in two days. [​IMG]

Older, USA Made Levi's Trucker Jacket in acid wash black.

[​IMG]

14. double00

double00 Senior member

It was an ABORTION, Michael!

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

you have a PM. :hide:

ROSSI! 2R! NOTHING BUT A WHORE!