The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. the2ndhandman

the2ndhandman Senior member

@jompso I'm sure you do but at the same time I'm sure you dont.You can't be everywhere all at once everyday all day. Relax I'll only be there for two weeks then it will go back to normal and since I'll be working in a team we can cover more ground.Its gonna happen you just don't know when before it wasn't a jab at you but if you want to take it that way that's on you. I was just excited i found new stores. Just like last week people were knowingly thrifting your area and posting there finds in your your face that wasnt a taughnt to you how come you didn't put them on blast? For some reason I'm a threat to you? How about Letric ask him if I thrift my stuff he knows where a lot of my stuff comes from. I do this for fun jompso and extra money. This is not my career I work for the largest electrical engineering company in the world. So if you don't think I work hard not only do I hold my career and run around for hours thrifting your mistaken.I travel for fun cause I can. As far as brokering deals ya sure I do its money you can't tell me you wouldn't all I did was pick up the phone made a call and made a deal at 90% off for a full purchase you would do the same that's bussiness.I thought the rule was less that 10%. I was upfront and stated they were a mixture of e- thrift and thrifted so i wasnt hiding anything.I'll show you a picture then you'll know I'm a true thrifter as i keep all my tags.If you really want to blow your stack I can share the personal messages we had about a month ago when you wanted me to share my route with you and you were cool with it or you can relax. It's a big city and your not the only thrifter there. One can only thrift what's on the rack. You've got some time as the end of summer is mostly dry anyway. I'm not going to fight about it I'm a grown ass man.

2. the2ndhandman

the2ndhandman Senior member

And on a side note don't blast me for brokering deals. You yourself buys from the same know cosigner to flip. So don't put your foot in your mouth.

3. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

jesus christ, probably the only person that has any right to be saying anything has arrived, before I read any of that I just want to take a moment to thank God for making this happen.

4. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

To quickly address this 1. I in no way blast you for brokering deals. This is your livelihood, get that money, get it in any way you can, by any means necessary, and then repeat. Shortcuts or anyting like that are in no way looked down upon by me as someone whom also makes his living off second hand goods, whether consigned or thrifted or what have you. I do not however know what you are referring to as far as buying from a consignor to flip and this resulting with my foot being where my mouth is. Please detail this sentiment, and full disclosure please, as far as this issue is concerend there are no secrets cuz I truly have no clue what you are referring to.

Edit: I will now read the first post.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015

5. Thrift Vader

Thrift Vader Forum Mechanic

Warehouse, sure. great jeans. why pass? jean buyers piss me off. "are they washed?, are they shrunk? are they raw? can you measure them again for me?......ugh. just had one buyer ask each of these questions AFTER winning the auction. then refusing to cancel the order correctly. fucking up my current ebay roll.

Yeah, my wake is large. no you can't ship the Taxidermy. or the Ancient stuff.
    oh, you would do more than fine. [​IMG]

Now go and have a coffee or something.

6. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

First and foremost, you don't repeat PM messags publically, that's just a complete breach of privacy and the easiest way to take things said and put them out of context. I asked for a trade and in return I wanted to know one of the locals you frequent with bars on the windows to see what all the fuss was about. I was most definitely not asking you for any fucking route, I've been perfectig mine for about a year now, in a city I was born in, thus know it like the back of my hand. And good news for you, I am backlogged all week so your free to thrift all this week without any interference, but the following week, I will show you how someone is in multiple places at one time and I will show you how one quickly and switly handles a route and removes shit before lucnh time...Last week there was a single post of two PRL Italy suits and and a basic barbour I think, I picked up two Brand new of those about 3 days ago and didn't even post that shit, in short, I wasn't phased, it was at a goodwill I would never ever frequent anyway, so that local is all them. Besides that, where were the LA posts with all the stuff I didn't pick up, cuz doin just quarter routes cuz of scheduling, I managed to make out just fine. I got a vintage 10 pound leather Azzadine Alaia coat, an Issey Miyake White Label Suit, a pair of gators, and a fucking Willis and Geiger Safari jacket that all just agreed with me. And I have zero hate on your business deals and all the supply routes I am sure you have spent years building and working on to maitain that steady and consistent flow of quality product. I was merely stating that I know this city is dry an I know you frequent consignment shops and I know you are very fond of a couple here from posts in the past, thus I was saying you weren't gonna get out of it by using that as a escape route and that I wanted to see your true thrifting work cuz all we've seen are product hauls that are either just flat out liquiadted merchandise type levels of items or questionable thrift claims (reference NWT's Cashmere Loro Piana coat) just for an example. I wanted to see if you could also put in the true grunt work so many of us here do on a daily basis. I myself have already acquired probably the most profitable supply network you can in this city, I need to work on it to make it more relaible and consistent but Im still new to this, I also just got a client that dropped off 500 items of straight up top tier shit, so I to am putting together supply networks, however thrifting will always be my true passion. You are just someone who never fails to drop photo loads of just ridiculous shit on a consistent basis. Like weridly ridiculous shit, leaves one more in a state of confusion then respect, but I see that shit all the time, just take a step into barneys, but for those on here thrifin the stuff, a level of respect is added because actual labor and time was invested in that find... so I was awaiting to see how you would react and what you would be posting thrifting a city I dried up, cuz yes, its about that time and the pickens are gettin slim. I wanted to see how you would react in that situation, if you would keep your rep by buying out a consignment, or just take the honest route and admit a strike out or post a couple a decent things. I wanted to see a true and solely thrifted items from you, cuz a suit or two thrown in with a bulk load of stuff you brokered off some liquidator at 15 cents to the dollar is fucking cool for the bank account, but doesnt carry that sex appeal true thrift finds possess.

7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

8. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Id piss you off cuz unless that denim is unsanforized and hasn't been soaked yet, I aint buyin or wearin it. I have my specialty soak perfected and don't need anyone elses dirty fucking balls in my jeans, creating stress area creases that dont match my body type. My jeans are all me 100% #nevereverthriftpersonaldenim. And yea those buyers are the worst, buy now ask after, Suits too attract the same approach...."has it been tailored, how was this measurement taken, Im this size coat, is this going to fit me? etc...Had a guy leave me neutral feedback because he wears a 44R and bought a Gieves and Hawkes 44R jacket off me, a real nice one too, not licensed, made at Savile Row 1, just their MTM line, and he left me neutral feedback because that 44R didn't fit him....literally nothing else in my power I could do in efforts of making sure this man knows the size of the jacket, yet he totally disregards all these efforts and hits me with a neutral because it was nice but didn't fit. That's why I love the fact I've truly started to build quite a large amount of loyal, repeat buyers. No fuss no nothing. They know when there gonna get there shit and that it will arrive packed nicely and it will match the listing in every way to a T. Not a single follow up question, shipping status question, return question, or anything. I like these ebayers.

And yea I got your wake cuz you dont even fuck with Visvim anyway, I like their outerwear for sure, their boots are also super nice. Can't fuck with Junya, Avant Garde workwear is just too weird for me...ohhh shiit I HAVE TOTALLY NOT been asking you this. What's your availability on WTaps or double taps. I love their shit and used to rock it all the time, does that stuff pop up in thrifts there?

9. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

WTaps is probably one of the best all around Japanese lines there is, them neighborhood, Visvim, & CDG Homme...shit don't get much better unless your goin pure workwear then it's real McCoys and Flat Head Cordovan leather Jackets and Flat Head shirts. This all used to be my daily uniform, it was Japan or bust with me, the quality is just so fucking superior to daily casual wear then any other brands who arent even close to being in the same fucking, not state but fucking country, as them.

10. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

53 posts since I last checked a few hours ago. Wish I could go thrift that 2 minutes of my life back (yes, just 2 minutes, as I only actually saw about 12 of those posts. [​IMG]

11. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

12. concealed

concealed Senior member

When I walked in to grab a basket this was chilling in there. King size Fendi sheets, new in packaging. Ok, sure.

[​IMG]

13. Takai

Takai Senior member

Sudden summer funeral for a family member I never really knew, and my mother wants me to go with her since my pops cant attend. Hope Indy is decent right now.

14. dukedishin

dukedishin Senior member

Very surprised there aren't more Zoolander quotes in this thread.

Also, @Jompso I love having you in this thread, your finds are insane and you're a good dude. But just don't be the Donald Trump of this thread man. Just let it go.

15. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Senior member

Didn't Gordon Gecko get burned by Bud Fox in the first movie and then went to Jail for a long time?