Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. FlorianQC

FlorianQC Senior member

Thats totally Caruso. NWOT suit your size? Fuck that :D

2. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

I can't see the top and the middle and below is literally organized exactly like a Canali tag, including font. I've only seen Canali manufacture for one brand, a bullshit Barneys in house line called Via Lombarto or some shit, thus me being so taken aback.

3. ocooney

ocooney Senior member

It's Caruso

4. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

It's a big city, dude. Big enough for you both, plus a couple hundred others. No need to measurre your dicks.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015

5. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Oh, I wasn't questioning, I believed, and stated why it couldn't have been Canali. It's weird, but that previous Caruso tag, not the elongated one now, with a little weathering and all of a sudden two manufacturers tags that are clearly beyond a doubt different in many ways from one another when crispy, can be confused after a little weathering... on a separate note, my computer lighting is fucked and I think I need glasses.

6. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Aint no dick measuring contest here main, this a purely a man, me, stating that I cleared this place out and have inside on the rest, cuz this is my turf, and outsiders don't come onto my turf and take shit off my racks. This is my life, what I do, and I take great pride in my dedication, work ethic and skill set. My point is that there are numerous resale shops here that you can walk out of with unbelievable items for quite cheap, not cheap enough for good margins, but cheap enough for personal use without a doubt, and I'm curious if that's what will be resorted to once he starts striking out. I've really grown in the ranks here, I won't get into details by any means, but I am definitely known throughout this city. I don't take kindly to strangers trying to take what's mine. And it ain't big enough for two, I don't share too well, especially when it comes to money, I'm the Gordon Gecko of this thrift game, just taking it all and leaving nothing for anyone else, straight greedy as fuck, cuz why? because at the end of the day, "what you eat dont make me shit"....He has a strategy that the places wth the bars on the windows are the must stops around here. I've tested this theory and its laughable. unorganized, poor neighborhoods, horrible quality, just nothing at all an abolutely, not a single rational reason as to why there would be. Theres no central local filling up thse mom and pop shops and people with money think donation, they either go Goodwill of Salvation if they are none secular or with a Jewish or Church if they are practicing either respected religion. They don't drive to the middle of impovershed areas and drop off all there nice shit at some over stuffed, ratty, corner store.

Edit: But hey maybe hell come across one with 100 Brioni ties, 75 of which will be the same exact one.

7. Bahljs

Bahljs Senior member

You act like this is gang wars dude. He literally said "Sitting rerouting my normal thrift route of Los Angeles as I see some new stores opened recently. Excellent!!!"
    The guy is excited for new stores to open, who wouldn't be? Nowhere in that did he take a jab at you or did he say I'm going to do better than Jompso.
    We get it, you're serious about what you do and you're good at it, but there's no need for your response(s) man, calm down.

8. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

I'm calm, I'm challenging this man to see what hes really got. I wanna see the thrift skills not the brokered deals from consignments for 500 charvets. You don't post a known members city in manner like that that doesn't have the slightest hint of a taunt either. If you truly believe that shit was stated with only the most honest and best intentions, your crazy. That's an open declaration, stating hes routing my town and not only that, but hes giddy about the new thrifts he discovered. There are words then there's shit between the lines. Take it at face value, completely literally, I'll take it for what I believe it to be, but again, all of this shit is SOLELY TO TEST HIS THRIFT GAME BECAUSE THIS IS THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY. How are none of you confused or curious about his hauls, how do you never think about NWTs Loro Piana Jackets, 500 Charvet ties, etc... I mean come on, these are business relationships, these aren't thrifting or anything close to it. So now hes got a wide open city, Im not even gonna hit a single spot today, that is completely dry. It's time to test homebodys true skills out, and see if he can actually thrift and actually put in all the hard work and long hours we all do on a daily basis, or if he sits behind a desk and makes bulk orders on liquidated merchandise.......and to just add, the rest was stating that covering up failures with high end grails from consignments aren't an option here cuz I got the inventory at those spots scoped and covered. He put himself in a huge hole. He decided to come to my territory and thrift my stores, well hes got no escape route or exit strategy, just one option, thrift his way out the hole..... this shits gonna be fun.

9. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

41 R. Avail

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. turkey_sandwich

turkey_sandwich Senior member

Question for you all: Is vintage made in USA Champion gear (as in the pic below) a thing now?

[​IMG]

I took a chance on a grey long sleeve logo tee today and am wondering whether it should be my around the house chore t-shirt or whether someone will pay me for it.

11. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Yeah Thats why you missed the Vicuna another LA member got.you are probably thrifting in his wake and dont even know it.look up a guy called darkmatter7 in this thread.

12. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

I'd also like to add that there are quite a few of you on here that have visited this lovely city and Pm'd me with some guidance as to some thrifts. I not only helpd, some I even mapped out routes as high as 8 stops, holding nothing back and even promising to let them have the day and I would sit that one out. That is a sign of respect, you message the man, you let him know your going to his territory, wanna know if hes got any advice or if your just left to your own devices, and if anyone on here knows me, when you come to me for help on anything, I am going to gladly give it to you. So this is just a matter of manners and a proper way to go about things. Sneak attacks get no love and no respect.

13. eazye

eazye Senior member

[​IMG]

14. Ds13

Ds13 Senior member

Come on man, you're obviously not the ONLY person flipping clothes from thrift stores in LA. Just let it go. I don't remember who said it before, but "after all we're digging through peoples garbage to find stuff to sell" or something along those lines. No need to get a high and mighty attitude.

------------------------------------

And I hate to say it, @ocooney and @concealed, but the tag is definitely canali or corneliani, I'm leaning Corn but I can't see it that well. Caruso's tag is a bit more narrow and the size numbers are smaller.

15. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

You don't know me, I don't know you, you don't know the LP Coat I just grabbed the 10 pound leather vintage Alaia coat that will go for thousands I just grabbed, my 2 racks of suits im about to post that are all premium. I got contacted by the women who runs about 60% of all the thrifts in this city, she requested to meet with me. You have no idea what the fuck I do here and the shit I pull daily. So you keep doing you with your cute scarfs and ties and I'll keep doing me. And I missed a Vicuna? I've walked out a single shop with 4 Kiton Cashmeres in one stop, I've also walked out a shop with 8 Brioni suits and 2 Brioni Tuxedos in one stop. My last thrift two days ago last 9 minutes and I know this cuz I was at a 15 minute meter. In nine minutes and thrifting a room with 2 other obvious flippers that was no bigger than my bedroom, I walked out with at least 450 worth of shit for a 30 dollar tag, while the others left with their dick in their hands....Yea I've heard of this guy and he can keep doing him. The connections I've made have solidified me in this city and I'm flat out set from here on out, not a single fucking wake in site. And if Im thrifting someones wake, he should know that Loro Piana, Vintage Giorgio Armani Goatskin Bombers, Brioni Suits, Willis and Geiger Safari jackets and Zegna 3 piece suits (just to name the most recent) are actually good things and they shouldnt be left behind......So go on, you probably have an ugly 30 dollar hermes tie to be pickin up somewhere...don't stick your shit where it has no place, I don't know you and pieces of silk and teak furniture doesn't earn you stripes in my eyes, so as far as I'm concerned this doesn't concern you at all.

Oh and just to add, he I guess missed the Oxxford 100% Guanaco blazer I got a couple months back, not Vicuna, cousin to it, but my ending price was about a bill shy of Vicuna, so I'm good.... but that was probably in his wake though huh?