The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Cj52racers

Cj52racers Senior member

I need more spiewak in my life. Never even seen that label. Good shit man.

2. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Never seen it cuz made in US Spiewalk is rare as hell and possibly a new addition to the line. I know them as the cheap 200 dollar sorta peacoat like coat line made in China...nice to see they stepped it up.

3. Shanejosephxxx

Shanejosephxxx Senior member

I love those Ben Silver knits! Good stuff.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015

4. masaccio

masaccio Senior member

Nobody has responded but isn't that Fidel in the photo? Maybe those were his batting averages--apparently he wasn't as good at baseball as Kim Jong Il.

5. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

6. jumpman1231

jumpman1231 Senior member

Went on a trip for 10 days and came back and it's taken me a week to catch up!! Some awesome finds on here. Just a quick post on my first day back had some good luck with ties all in one stop. Mostly normal rtboc, falc, hickey, hugo and found my first brioni which was exciting for me!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Not sure if serious.

8. freehand

freehand Senior member

Weird coincidence, this e-thrift arrived at my door 15 minutes ago. Again in great condition, sadly no cashmere but a really nice suit. Second vintage d'Avenza piece I've thrifted, both are keepers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Definitely much more recent and you don't want cashmere in your suit, brands do it to increase prices and add sex appeal to the suit but in reality, pants and cashmere were never meant to be. If you want a suit to last more then 10 wears, don't get one with any cashmere, and definitely never buy a second hand cashmere suit cuz it's probably ready to fall apart. That shit is reserved strictly for the super rich that have 75 suits and can work it into the rotation or for those that don't care and just wish to continually throw money away on them, cuz there are those people too. With that being said, that suit were talkin mid 90s at least, for sure. You can slowly start to see the steady evolution of the tag that becomes what it is today. Shape slightly changes, font becomes far more formal, wording is far more structured, clear and organized.

10. highlifeman

highlifeman Senior member

Haven't posted in a while, but still trying to hit stores regularly,,,,,Here are my highlights from the last few weeks......
    gonna try to get out this morning and hit a few as well........

Favorite was this Cucinelli silk/wool/linen partially lined SC......may actually keep, N/A

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alexander McQueen w/ LP fabric, may be an orphan though....tagged 50, P/P appx 22")
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Levis selvedge x 3...think they are legit & early LVC/ precursor , I think the one on left is a 1933 repro, no red tab (34 x 33) N/A ,
    Middle one 36 x 33.5 (red tab, big E) and the right(34 x 32, N/A) both have 555 on the buttons

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next day, same store picked up pair #4, appears to be more recent (but a lot more wear) tagged 34 but measures 37 x 36

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1st pair of Gustin Ive thrifted, Plant dyed indigo, tagged 36 but fit smaller so keeping
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rugby Made in Italy by Caruso wool blend, 38 x 28.5
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Marked cheaper that the Banana Republic wool sweaters next to them, 2 x Charles Tyrwhitt Made in Italy 100% Cashmere.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Camp 7 down vest, M
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

J Crew Madras, 35

[​IMG]

Alden Shell captoes, my size, N/A
    [​IMG]

Minty Florsheim Shell Cordovan, 9.5 C

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Harmont & Blaine, XL but fits smaller

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vilebrequin XXL (fit much smaller, already gone though)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

SF x 2

[​IMG]

Made in USA Mickey Ringer Tee, N/A
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. eazye

eazye Senior member

This one had over 40. :D

Didnt you buy a bunch of shit off eBay and post it on here "fronting" like you thrifted it? And got called out on it?

12. ocooney

ocooney Senior member

That's ok @concealed. i'll console myself with this:

[​IMG]

full suit, my size

13. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Yea I did, I did do that once, cuz I was sick of assholes taking jabs like this bullshit right here at me for no fucking reason. And what did I do. I swallowed my pride and I wrote a long and truly apologetic post for disgracing the form in the manner I did. I made a mistake, I regret doing it to this day. I guess you've never made one of those before though, never let your emotions get the best of you or get some clouded judgement throwin together one of your cute solo photo sesh's. You're cool eazye, I like to play the wall and make occasional commentary that portrays me to be that cool guy of the thread. Your shits transparent and what I wrote had nothing to do with you, wasn't addressed to you, and doesn't concern you. You can continue to be salty and hate on me, your opinion is of zero importance in my life. But also respectively, mind your business, as I do mine, when you write shit that has nothing to do with me.

Edit: Also my shits to prove a point about my lock and all his supposed insane hauls. My point was that I know the cities inventory inside and out, whats he gonna do on my territory. My shit had to do with thrifting my racks and the empty hands hill have unless he resorts to consignment which is something I suspect is route taken by him more often then not because its quite apparent that this is his career and he travels to major cities to clean out resales and consignments. My shits to make a point, but I know how much you fucking loved making that comment. Keep hatin, cuz Ima stay doin me.

[​IMG]

14. winny94

winny94 Senior member

Totally killer

15. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Is that Canali for Sulka? Doesn't quite look like Corneliani, but definitely looks like Canali, that's so weird they changed from St. Andrews, I literally just measured a suit of theres that was Andrews