1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Letric

Letric Distinguished Member

Hnng dat pattern! Man it's a shame it's on a bright Red background, as I don't care too much for Red ties. If that was a Navy Background, you would have a PM. Solid cop!

And re the shell Aldens... Shell is like Gold. You can be fooled many times, but when you see the real deal you just know.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015

2. Letric

Letric Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

44R?!

[​IMG]

PM'D!

3. eazye

eazye Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

4. Takai

Takai Senior Member

This is false. The only line made by Kiton is the newer MP di Massimo Piombo. Kiton does not own Piombo, just a collaborator/ maker for one of their collections.

5. Jompso

Jompso Distinguished Member

ALLLLWWWAAYYYSSS!!! I've found Sawyer of Napa shearlings, even special edition ones made just for Saks fifth that were mens, have come up on some just dope personally shit, but my favorite come up is my made in England Navy with silver buttons Gloverall Pea Coat that is vintage but in absolute pristine condition. The jacket is absolutely fucking perfect and it's all because the womens coat game in thrift is always strong and the people that work in those places usually dont know shit.

6. PantherPatrol

PantherPatrol Well-Known Member

7. Jompso

Kiton has slowly become a parent company in which it owns and operates various entities. They personally produce all their fabrics, slowly and steadily acquring every mill they used to purchase from until they owned them all, so they have that section of the company, they have their mainline in which they hand craft all their clothes for, they own and operate MP di Massimo Piombo in which they hand craft all their clothes as well. They own a shirting line called Mattabisch Napoli which is strictly shirts in which they own and produce, they also own Massimo Piomobo, not to be confused with the MP line that is produced to Kiton level standards, but is the contemporary line, with a tag that merely states Piombo and although the business side of things is owned and operated by Kiton, they contract outside parties for actual production. I personally do not know if Kiton milled fabrics are used in production or not, however I am fully aware of their business operations.

Edit: Let me slightly correct myself, the contemporary Massimo Piombo Milano line is in a contractual business partnership with Kiton in which Kiton handles business operations. Thus since they haven't been financially acquired by Kiton, they remain partners, one being in charge of the other, my mistake for the confusion.

8. suited

suited Distinguished Member

9. Jompso

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify all stated above information. Massimo Piombo is a man who created his namesake line, Piombo, 20 years ago. This line produces under the name Piombo Milano and is manufactured by Lardini. Unrelated to this, Massimo Piombo the man personally joined forces in business and operations with Kiton to have Kiton produce his new namesake line MP di Massimo Piombo. This is suiting crafted solely by hand and although isn't quite the same price as Kiton, shares the same quality. Kiton is in business with the man who owns these lines, the contemporary one however really has nothing to do with Kiton beyond the fact that the owner of the company has a seprate line produced by them. My apologies @Takai my information was confused, for I have read various versions of this story. I'd also like to state that I nearly bought a MP di Massimo Piombo at a Neimans outlet about 5 months ago, it was a green suit for 700 but it was 100% cashmere...the green held me back, cuz it was really green...but goddamn was that a nice fucking suit.

10. thefastlife

thefastlife Distinguished Member

Offtopic... Are these too big for my face?!

[​IMG]

11. impuntura

impuntura Distinguished Member

12. ocooney

ocooney Senior Member

Grabbed this hoping a L was generous, but it is not.
    Not sure if Nice Collective is a thing, seems to be a minor one, but anyways it doesn't work for me so available at cost ($13):

[​IMG]

Not perfect condition, but some really nice details.

13. eazye

eazye Distinguished Member

Nope, they look just about right. :nodding:

14. Reosymes

Reosymes Senior Member

Some recent finds.

Pure silk. XL.

[​IMG]

Cotton. XL.

[​IMG]

Two T&A shirts, likely from the same donor. French cuffs. 17.

[​IMG]

AE isn't going to turn many heads here, I know, but these shoes were the official shoes for US athletes in the 1992 Barcelona Olympics opening ceremony and other official engagements. Broadstreet. Did some research and turns out they're a thing. Apparently the difference from regular Broadstreets is that these are nubuck/calf instead of the two tone calf on the regular broadstreets. Also seems like the last is different. Anyway, they look very nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Interesting skeet. Seems like it's a cuban baseball club, but I don't know much beyond it. Any baseball fans want to decipher the batting averages displayed on the cuff?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ties, including a Luciano Barbera 7 fold!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feels like cashmere blend but it's just silk.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Koala-T

Koala-T Distinguished Member