The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. rchdggr

rchdggr Active Member

Small hole in front.. I guess I'll buy it anyway for 10euros.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Yes. A minute flaw That is Easily repairable for very lieweaver would have that gone without a trace for less than 30 bucks.

3. rchdggr

rchdggr Active Member

Good to know, thanks! It is 100% cotton, 40/50L.

4. rchdggr

rchdggr Active Member

A tie to go with the Brioni?
    [​IMG]

5. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Senior member

I replied to the question from @double00 not you. So, I am not sure why you are defending your statement. I agreed with most of what you said in response to his question. But, I CERTAINLY disagree with you about some things in this response. No one is going to pay a premium for elephant because they don't know what it is? Anyone who knows boots, will recognize Elephant boots. Elephant boots (when you can find them) are very desirable -- again depending on the maker. AND Sea Turtle (while illegal in this country now) was not always illegal and there is a HUGE black market for it. People definitely know "what that shit is."

The only skin I mentioned that is illegal is Sea Turtle. The rest are legal and sold in this country. And you are mistaken about Lizard. I agree with you that most of it will be cheaper than a lot of the other skins. But, there are certainly lizard boots and shoes that demand a price higher than average crocodile. BUT, I agree with you that an average Lizard piece will sell for less than the average crocodile.

One thing I have learned just since we have been discussing this is apparently ANTEATER BOOTS sell for Serious money. I had no idea anyone did anything with anteaters.

Also, did you know you can buy Chicken Leather? Jesus, who wants to wear that?

6. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

My apologies, since my post prefaced yours and was commenting on his along with me being mentioned in his post it somehow registered that you were responding to both posts, I didn't mean to sound defensive, since it registered that way I was merely saying that I addressed some stuff and it went without notice. I know boots, I know boots very well, I don't know Elephant boots and I don't know what kind of person goes out seeking boots made of elephant, nor do I know what kind of person is actively seeking sea turtle goods on the black market. I know people want Rhino Horn real bad, I think it makes your dick hard and cures cancer or some shit, but who wants Sea Turtle, that is so rare and obscure, you would just be an odd person if you owned and cherished sea turtle shoes. Now I'm not arguing if there is a market for either, I believe you aren't making this shit up, I'm merely stating that there is an extremely small group of people actively seeking these things, and although highly desirable to few, I'd take my pair of cordovan cap toe Alden boots over either any day of the fucking week. These rare skins just sound like trophy pieces, shit to own so you can say you have it. Only fucking weirdos are wearing this shit with pride. And in any possible future correspondence, do not quote my words back to me in a patronizing manner, this would be best for the both of us. That is all....Good morning everyone.

7. Letric

Letric Senior member

Damn.... what did I walk into this AM? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Brb, gonna grab some Coffee and post some pics of my recent hauls.

8. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Senior member

I agree with you that I would rather have Alden Cordovan Cap Toe Boots than these weird exotics. And you are right these are trophy pieces that people buy just to say they have it.

Isn't that the point for some excessively rich people to buy something that is so rare, so unique that they buy it just to be able to tell people they have it. You mentioned one time that you went to a party at Christian Audiger's house and he had king size Mink bedspread/comforters. Who else would buy that except someone with more money than they know what to do with? The only reason to buy it is to show everyone that sees it that they have so much money they can buy ridiculous things they don't need. It's like the Hamburger with Gold flakes in it. No one would buy that except Rappers who want to eat it so they can tell people about it and make jokes about shitting out gold. Or there is a guy with a food truck that sells a $666 burger. He describes it this way:

"Kobe beef patty (wrapped in gold leaf), foie gras, caviar, lobster, truffles, imported aged gruyere cheese (melted with champagne steam) kopi luwak bbq sauce and Himalayan rock salt. It may not taste good, but it will make you feel rich as f–k. Douche.”

9. eazye

eazye Senior member

Still going.....
    [​IMG]

10. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

just kill it all day long. Than when yoj find the store where thered 10 dudes huddled in a circle around a tommy hilfiger shirt, keeping jumping infront of them

11. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Senior member

Why would you post your hauls in here? Isn't there a thread somewhere else whose sole purpose is just bragging about the stuff you find in thrifts and discounts? [​IMG]

12. turkey_sandwich

turkey_sandwich Senior member

Looks like the lining has an Hermes logo sewn into it, as well. EDIT: I meant on the original photo -- look above the tag in question.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
  13. turkey_sandwich

turkey_sandwich Senior member

This one -- see above the tag, you can see the word "Hermes" in the lining reflecting light.

14. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

15. Letric

Letric Senior member

^ That link is broken for me... just reverts me back to this page when I click it.

*Edit: Searched / Found the item on the Bay. I'm going to guess $265.87, but I'm not that familiar with market on Sugar Canes and etc.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015