• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gosport

Reaction score
First time posting thrift finds. I've been at it a couple years now, mostly for personal use but this forum has been a great asset for me to identify the good stuff. I don't go out of my way to flip but I know enough now to be opportunistic and have posted a nice little profit including cost of items for myself. Thrifts in my area aren't great, but they are at least cheap, so I do find some crazy deals. On a bit of a hot streak the past couple weeks so figured it was a good time to share.

Shirts - Lands End MiUSA madras ($4) for me, UNTUCKit x2 (both $4) for flip, crazy Polo pattern ($6) for flip, would definitely keep if not a XXL. Seta Per Uomo silk shirt ($4), know nothing about this brand but the comps looked good.
IMG_20180426_074957314.jpg

IMG_20180426_081551790.jpg

Pants - all for flip - etro Milano multi-color pinstripe ($1), All Saints Japanese Selvedge ($5.50), orange tab MiUSA mom jeans ($7).
IMG_20180426_075249498.jpg

Outerwear - Bills Pro Line Starter jacket ($15) Hilfiger fleece ($3.50, is this the Hilfiger I'm looking for?), And a personal favorite MiUSA 1990s era (based on old Berkley address on tag) North Face insulated parka for National Park Service ($10), fit is perfect.
IMG_20180426_081629002.jpg
IMG_20180426_075620876.jpg
IMG_20180426_075734085.jpg

Samuelshon gun club check sport coat ($3) in my size, didnt get a good pic prior to sending to cleaners but here's the fabric.
IMG_20180425_180142838.jpg

Shoes - AE Shell MacNeils (five ******* dollars) in outstanding condition, can still read the cordovan mark on sole. Some weird white powdery stuff on them but it brushes right off. Would flip but they are my friends size, so throwing them his way as a wedding gift. Pay it forward I suppose.
IMG_20180426_075514604.jpg

Not pictured - 7 BB makers ties ($1 ea), lots looks like the best way to flip ties so I'll be trying that out. Also got a stained vintage Brooks Bros wash and wear khaki cotton/poly poplin jacket ($6), 3 roll 2 sack cut, could be a nice summer option so I'm using it as a stain removal project.

Thanks again for the wealth of information here.

madeinbogota

Reaction score
No idea on the maker. Several searches of the last # returned nothing. On J.press's site they currently have some Trickers collab shoes, but those are marked Trickers. Deets:
View attachment 964082

View attachment 964083
Theres 1 brass nail in center edge of the heel, if you can't see it. Anyone have a guess who makes em?

Could be wrong...but my first thought is Sanders?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@dahl5yankees people pay 10k for that recent of a card? Learn something new everyday... that's awesome!

The card his son found is 1 of a run of 99. That's a pretty rare card in today's market. It will be fun to see where it ends up...

I wish I had sold off my cards when they were still worth something. I sat on them for far too long, and now the rookie stars of the 80s are worthless. A friend wanted me to sell his 70s cards, and even those were pretty worthless. As it turns out, sports cards are mostly only valuable during the players' careers, with some notable exceptions of course! And old cards can be valuable regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads