The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

Auto color balance will never give you accurate results.

Gray card is a must if you don't want to do mass amounts of post-production work.

2. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Where's the casting couch? ... we'd be the flyest season yet 1 cop head to toe in mid 90s Polo Sport with a thrifted Louis Vuitton holster that is for sure holding a 50 cal D. Eagle and I'll be stuntin in some thrifted Brioni and the catch is were just self centered assholes (far stretch for myself) that only care about 2 things, our fucking fresh attire and makin sure we get equal bad cop time and we give no fucks about the case, but shit will flash in regards to it to keep the people watching, but we really don't give a shit, just to piss the audience off cuz they will...and the season will pretty much carry on like this until it just sorta ends..... FOR YOUR EMMY CONSIDERATION.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  3. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Yea I remember in my first couple weeks using my fucking phone. I spent more time editing photos then I did taking them, measuring, and posting combined.

4. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

Southwick for Paul Stuart pinstripe flannel
    [​IMG]

NWT Wallace & Barnes
    [​IMG]

BB made in Italy wool/linen/silk blend
    [​IMG]

5. My Main Man

My Main Man Senior member

Zen reminder:

Had to run work errands so decided to swing by a Goodwill that's kind of out of the way. As I was getting close to the exit, some dude cut me off going like 40 mph and then was stuck in front of me down the ramp. I ended up just missing the green light because of it and I was annoyed because it's a weirdly long light. I was being all spazzy and cursing at the dude to myself. Anyway, I stopped by the Goodwill and looked around quick. There wasn't anything, so I started to leave. Just as I was walking out the door, a rack popped out, so I checked it out before leaving and saw this WWM super mint (aside from the hairs I have to clean off) forest green toggle coat. N/A for now as it seems to fit slim enough to fit me somehow, even though i'm a skinny dude. Wouldn't have been in the store when it came out if that dude hadn't cut me off. Moral of the story? Always maintain your zen, maaaaaaan. <insert pic of eazy when he had long dreads and followed phish around>

[​IMG]

6. Nobleprofessor

Nobleprofessor Senior member

Thank you for the info! That is helpful. I mostly bought it for myself. I haven't had one of these jackets since Junior High.

7. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bought online, feels nice...too bad I gotta return it (it's a women's blazer - was listed as men's).

8. Nobleprofessor

In case anyone is wondering, I just found 4 more exotic shoes (alligator and lizard) and an alligator belt at a different estate sale!

There were a lot of questions about specific items I posted and several PMs. I am not ignoring you. I promise to answer them all. My Mother in law and stepdaughter are both in town. My wife wanted to bring them along to the estate sale this morning and then another one this afternoon. (I'm not complaining!)

9. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

Distractions while thrifting? That sounds like my worst nightmare. Keep coping rare skins and ignore the family, keep your priorities in order.

10. eazye

eazye Senior member

Lol @My Main Man

11. Jompso

Jompso Senior member

That's a gorgeous coat.

12. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Please tell me you grabbed that Bearcat scanner on top of that stereo cart! :D Also interested in what those two stereo components are next to Easy's boombox. The thing on top looks like it may be a reel to reel deck with that short plastic lid.

13. Nobleprofessor

I know. It's rare that they come up here from Oklahoma. I just let them look over every little thing while I gather up the finds.

I wish there was more money in fur coats. This last sale had a bunch. TWO full length minks. Both from Dicker & Dicker of Beverly Hills. I looked up furs by them on eBay and there wasn't much. My wife knows Minks. She said one of the nicest one she has seen except for her Black Diamond Mink (I don't know what that is, but it must be the best). Anyway, it doesn't seem like furs sell for much unless it's a designer name. If anybody wants a full length super nice Mink coat for $400 (for their wife, girlfriend, mistress, etc), I know where one is.

14. Nobleprofessor

I don't even know what a bearcat scanner is. I'm going back in the morning, though.

15. eazye

eazye Senior member

Couple things I found.
    Vintage Hickey Freeman DB. Sz 46L, available
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I don't think I've ever wanted a suit to be my size more than this one. Vtg BB plaid 3 piece. Sz 45L, available.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I almost always leave Oxxford, but for sub $3, I couldn't say no. Sometimes I wonder if the tailor who made these would be upset to see a $2.90 price tag punched through a lapel they spent so much time and effort constructing.
    No.1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No.2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Prada cashmere for personal use. N/A
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rooster Alpacanit 100% alpaca tie. Can't says I've ever seen an alpaca tie before. N/A
    [​IMG]
    Church's/Cheany Royal Tweed tassel kiltys. 9.5EU, available
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Still trying to figure out how to use my new camera. :embar:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015