• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ 60 needs to show that he got the bike from "Top Gun". for under 2k.

Saw one last week here selling at 8.5k
Why not just a Plane from top gun, thrift price, 24.99

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score

Also a noob, but I generally look at similar items on eBay and filter on "completed listings" so I see what things actually sell for. I've found that to be pretty good.  Also checking etsy, etc.
BTW, questions about selling are generally posted in this thread (assuming you're using eBay):  http://www.styleforum.net/t/309281/buying-and-selling-on-ebay-tips-tricks-problems-questions
:cheers:

The mofo lowballing you might be me, I apologize :D

peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

Well if it's a fellow styleforum member, then I'd be more willing to deal! You serious? If so, PM me.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Why not just a Plane from top gun, thrift price, 24.99

I Wasn't joking.

This one was 8.5k!!!!!!!
snork[1].gif
I can buy a car and a bike for that. these things are money.... and he is in the place to find them.

Trust me, i Dropped the Tip that Nintendo (remember?) is money. and i bet every single one of you sift through the games now...
Plus, i am a mechanic. - In Japan. if i drop one tip this year?
- it's hunt for MINT vintage Japanese bikes. And that's an investment you can take to the Bank.

Last edited:

joshmick

Reaction score
Speaking of trials, I recently found out there's an elementary school in South Central LA named Johnnie Cochran Elementary school. Yes, that Johnnie Cochran...they named a ******* school after a guy who got a man off for nearly decapitating his ex wife and an innocent waiter. It is south central though so that is taken into consideration.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I Wasn't joking.

This one was 8.5k!!!!!!!
snork%5B1%5D.gif
I can buy a car and a bike for that. these things are money.... and he is in the place to find them.
And why not just spend 8.5k to kill yourself on a used Ducati instead. I don't care what it went for, you are not looking like a boss riding a bike that looks like an ugly kids toy...sorry Maverick.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Specific pics from the estate sale this morning.

Too much there to even describe.

I am going to have to go back to look at stereo equipment. If there is something specific you guys that are into, let me know and I'll look for you.

I also need to look at the Motorcycle Jackets, Helmets, equipment, etc.

On to the finds:

I'm a shoe guy, so I guess I could start with shoes. This guy wore an 11.5 Narrow. It just happens that I wear an 11.5 Narrow!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Here's a broad look at the shoes. NONE of them have been cleaned up. Most of them are VERY dusty and will need to be cleaned up.

26 Pairs of shoes

Group shots:

Some specific shoes I'm especially proud of. I have never seen a vintage pair of old school Florsheim wingtips in Suede. These are like butter. Assuming they aren't too narrow for me, they are N/A (in fact, I might be buried in them).

I know most Christian Dior sucks. But, I thought these might be an exception. Made in Italy Burgundy Wingtips.

More Genuine Shark

Below is not another picture of the same shoes. These are ANOTHER pair of Shark Skin Shoes. The ones above are VINTAGE Stacy Adams, these are Florsheim.

The oldest pair of Tretorns I have ever seen.

Some OLD Trax shoes I will have to try the athletic shoe cleanup plan posted a few days ago

Old school (I would 60's based on the heel) Florsheim two tone beauties.

I need to do some research. But, these could be a HUGE find. These are custom Men's Riding Boots. They are made by Dehner. I just checked retail on these are $675. I don't know if vintage makes them better or worse. They also had the english Spurs inside the boots. Obviously they will need a lot of love and care, but they should do great.

Not sure what brand these are. I think they are lizard and something else. Made in Spain is all I can read.

Frye Dress boots

Look at the condition:

Worn once? Maybe?

Enough of the shoes.

How about a Baccarat Crystal Ashtray (signed) for $10?

This next shirt was just for fun. I have always wanted one.

A nice new ULTRA soft Leather jacket for me. Colebrook (I'm not familiar with the brand)

This is a beaut!

Deetz

Yep, its new. Unworn!

New Old Stock Adidas Polo with tags!

Schott Leather!

Levi's Standard Trucker. New my size. I don't know if these are worth anything or not.

Ebay Fodder

Nice Burberry -- BIG too big for me.

Another nicer Burberry BIG

Lanvin, but unfortunately not the really good Lanvin, but I like the details on the patch pockets.

An Interesting Louis Roth Herringbone. There was LOTS of Louis Roth. I left the rest.

A really handsome Wool Plaid SC.

Never heard of the Brand.

A great Wool Cardigan with Patches! (Fodder)

More Fodder unless it fits me. Vintage Palm Beach Pincord in MINT condition

I really don't know what to think about this. Its Suede and a trench coat. Its either a very small man's coat or its a womans.

I don't know much about watches. But, I liked this one because it is thick and looked cool. Obviously needs a band

Deetz

Pretty sure this next one isn't worth much. But, again, I kinda liked it.

How about a nice Mont Blanc Meisterstuck?

Well, I don't know. Let me see the price?

Yep, less than lunch.

All in all. An incredible day. I'm sure I'm going to end up going back a few times.

By the way, I kept it below 60 pics (there were 59 I think).

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Specific pics from the estate sale this morning.

Too much there to even describe.

I am going to have to go back to look at stereo equipment. If there is something specific you guys that are into, let me know and I'll look for you.

I also need to look at the Motorcycle Jackets, Helmets, equipment, etc.

On to the finds:

I'm a shoe guy, so I guess I could start with shoes. This guy wore an 11.5 Narrow. It just happens that I wear an 11.5 Narrow!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Some specific shoes I'm especially proud of. I have never seen a vintage pair of old school Florsheim wingtips in Suede. These are like butter. Assuming they aren't too narrow for me, they are N/A (in fact, I might be buried in them).

I know most Christian Dior sucks. But, I thought these might be an exception. Made in Italy Burgundy Wingtips.

More Genuine Shark

Below is not another picture of the same shoes. These are ANOTHER pair of Shark Skin Shoes. The ones above are VINTAGE Stacy Adams, these are Florsheim.

The oldest pair of Tretorns I have ever seen.

Some OLD Trax shoes I will have to try the athletic shoe cleanup plan posted a few days ago

Old school (I would 60's based on the heel) Florsheim two tone beauties.

I need to do some research. But, these could be a HUGE find. These are custom Men's Riding Boots. They are made by Dehner. I just checked retail on these are $675. I don't know if vintage makes them better or worse. They also had the english Spurs inside the boots. Obviously they will need a lot of love and care, but they should do great.

Not sure what brand these are. I think they are lizard and something else. Made in Spain is all I can read.

Frye Dress boots

Look at the condition:

Worn once? Maybe?

Enough of the shoes.

How about a Baccarat Crystal Ashtray (signed) for $10?

This next shirt was just for fun. I have always wanted one.

A nice new ULTRA soft Leather jacket for me. Colebrook (I'm not familiar with the brand)

This is a beaut!

Deetz

Yep, its new. Unworn!

New Old Stock Adidas Polo with tags!

Schott Leather!

Levi's Standard Trucker. New my size. I don't know if these are worth anything or not.

Ebay Fodder

Nice Burberry -- BIG too big for me.

Another nicer Burberry BIG

Lanvin, but unfortunately not the really good Lanvin, but I like the details on the patch pockets.

An Interesting Louis Roth Herringbone. There was LOTS of Louis Roth. I left the rest.

A really handsome Wool Plaid SC.

Never heard of the Brand.

A great Wool Cardigan with Patches! (Fodder)

More Fodder unless it fits me. Vintage Palm Beach Pincord in MINT condition

I really don't know what to think about this. Its Suede and a trench coat. Its either a very small man's coat or its a womans.

I don't know much about watches. But, I liked this one because it is thick and looked cool. Obviously needs a band

Deetz

Pretty sure this next one isn't worth much. But, again, I kinda liked it.

How about a nice Mont Blanc Meisterstuck?

Well, I don't know. Let me see the price?

Yep, less than lunch.

All in all. An incredible day. I'm sure I'm going to end up going back a few times.

By the way, I kept it below 60 pics (there were 59 I think).

freehand

Reaction score
^^ that suede trench coat is fantastic. In the 36-38 range??

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, those were awesome!! Sorry, I thought I commented on them in the Vintage thread. :slayer:
You did, I was just busting your balls. :embar:
This sale is HUGE. A lot of clothing, LOTS of shoes, and tons of stuff. Will post brag pics later. For now, just look at some of the pics of the sale itself. Sorry the pics are so bad between the I-phone, stormy weather, bad lighting and hurrying to take the pics, they aren't great. These pictures don't show half of the building.
Brodeetz on the ghetto blaster. :nodding:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads