• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When something you ordered 10 days ago turns up. Picked up on Depop for £15 shipped:smarmy: Teflon coated merino wool with nylon inner lining. Things a beast.
View attachment 941220 View attachment 941221 View attachment 941222
Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 8.36.57 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 8.37.08 PM.png

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the newer Target men's brand that's targeting current trends. I was wondering if other Goodwills were also getting inundated with them. Thought it was potentially just the MN stores since the Target corporate headquarters is up here.

I had an overwhelming urge the other day to grab every Goodfellow shirt on the rack, make a pile in the middle of the store and set fire to it. I think every decent looking shirt on the racks was a Goodfellow shirt. Fooled me every time.

ZGHCU

Reaction score
Looking at comps you're quite correct. Must be the go to blazer for semi formal yoga/Pilates events.

Was cleaning out old stuff from my closet last week and found a jacket I thrifted for a party in college. 2nd time I'd gone in a thrift store (wish I woulda flipped my way through school!). Anyways donating the perma-prest jacket and remembered to ALWAYS check the buttons... View attachment 941233
Any Valpo alums?

Flipping my way through college has been one of the best decisions I've made. Thrifting has paid for my computer/camera, all of my expensive ass engineering textbooks, and software.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This ran through my mind as I was about to check out, especially since they're closing. I paid by PayPal, so we'll see what, if anything arrives. I was at least happy to see that the things I bought were sold out after my purchase. Hopefully they're not double selling things and online stock reflects reality.

We'll see!

Quick follow-up for this, I am happy to say that I received my order from Gentry NYC. Orlebar Brown linen popover is awesome and the shoes were a steal at $18.00. Looks like there are still odds and ends left.

64A46532-7E69-477E-8394-A71CD738F9E8.jpeg

EE268933-EEFF-48E6-9320-FC99A8913FEB.jpeg

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ever buy something at a thrift that's absolutely no big deal and overpriced? But it serves a purpose and fits like a mofo?

Bought this Oakville cotton mills cotton cargo coat thing for $14. it's hard to find a cheap small jacket with lots of pockets that isn't khaki. Seems like decent construction and YKK zippers.

As much as I was against it, a random jacket that fits is more useful than some baggy Barbour.
20180314_175933.jpg 20180314_180054.jpg

Last edited:

Centaurus3200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody heard of this company? I can barely find anything on them. I doubt it's made in the states... But I'm impressed with the construction. Sleeves are fully lined with satin or something. Rivets everywhere. Makes my Filson Cruisers look cheap.

Ever buy something at a thrift that's absolutely no big deal and overpriced? But it serves a purpose and fits like a mofo?

Bought this Oakville cotton mills cotton cargo coat thing for $14. it's hard to find a cheap small jacket with lots of pockets that isn't khaki. Seems like decent construction and YKK zippers.

As much as I was against it, a random jacket that fits is more useful than some baggy Barbour.
View attachment 941247 View attachment 941248

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads