• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
butbut.gif
Horrible? Surely you Don't Mean 1987's The All-Nighter? That movie is great, man! A gyrating Bangles singer?, plus I've still got some screencaps of Michael Ontkean's duds from the extensive noob archives:

ftvmod.gif

Maybe you meant the good kind of horrible. :p

I did mean "The All-Nighter" It was not a good movie, but I watched it over and over anyway since it had Susanna Hoffs in it!

Funny story, my mother found the movie in the VCR and was convinced it was a Appreciation. I kept saying Mom! Its not a dirty movie! Its the woman from the Bangles. You know "Walk like an Egyptian". Come on, I'll show you. She refused to watch it. I suppose I was lucky that didn't find the actual Appreciation!

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That moment you saw those giant **** in "Just one of the guys" movie for the first time.

Or Jamie Lee Curtis **** in Trading Places! Or when Porky's finally made it to the cable Movie Channels. Or when you had a friend with one of those HUGE satellite dishes with all the movie channels and you discovered the Emmanuel movies? (sheesh there sure was a lot of bush in those movies).

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In retrospect, that movie is seriously, seriously ****-y. :uhoh:

Also, I agree with Spoo on Just One of the Guys. An era-defining moment, and a movie with everything -- the best little brother iteration, the iconic sweep-the-leg bully, some gender-bending, a Pygmalion story, a beach fight, and Sherilyn Fenn and the guy from Hamburger: The Motion Picture. Pure unadulterated win. :slayer:

Last edited:

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Or Jamie Lee Curtis **** in Trading Places!  Or when Porky's finally made it to the cable Movie Channels.  Or when you had a friend with one of those HUGE satellite dishes with all the movie channels and you discovered the Emmanuel movies?  (sheesh there sure was a lot of bush in those movies). 

Interesting fact,did you know that Porkys is still the highest grossing Canadian movie ever made.

AlexJ1100

Reaction score

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All this talk has me like

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing much clothing-wise has fallen into my hands for quite a while, but as a student of classical saxophone, I'm pretty psyched out of my mind about the record finds.

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
Last edited:

Kazoo

Reaction score
How about some skinamax shows like Red Shoe Diaries or Marilyn Chambers' Bedtime Stories. Not that I would know what those are.
peepwall[1].gif

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
turning the page for now...

@Bahljs and other sneaker heads...

do you guys get up for non-shoe vintage nike stuff?

good property? or is it "shoes or bust" with you vintage nike dudes?

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
turning the page for now...

@Bahljs and other sneaker heads...

do you guys get up for non-shoe vintage nike stuff?

good property? or is it "shoes or bust" with you vintage nike dudes?
That's an absolute win for those that have that shoe, as it hasn't seen a retro yet. That's money!! Personally I don't do the whole matching my gear with my shoes thing. A little too cliche for me personally, but, for those that do, this is money... see below. If I did rock gear with my ****, that'd be a perfect shirt for these (Air Max2 is that model btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads