• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This has come up a couple years back and I’m pretty sure there was found to be employees lurking on here

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If any of this was my size I’d wear it
AEDAF27A-9CDB-4762-A58E-8833B278ADFA.jpeg
5D68120E-0C17-460D-85C9-D51DB147CB3C.jpeg
E2778D45-E607-4218-95BC-091CD933ED5D.jpeg

sparrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok guys

They say if you love what you do it's not work, and everyone here is pretty much addicted to thrifting. It's like the dragon always needing another grail, another find One more

just
one
more

Until you wake up and think when do I go again?

When coming at it from the mindset off it's paying $20 for. Game it's nice time

When your mind set is x dollars will get y-(x+pp+e) return it's not as fun when there are dry spots and there will be many

So I am going to focus my focus on education for a few months, and while there is no entertainment the return should be much higher hopefully

Last time I quit I focused on excersce and went from 42 to a 46 and while not satisfied with fat % I am happy with the mass gain

So to succeed I need to quit again. I really thank everyone of the thrift homies. I love the pics , the finds, the learning, the feedbacks, the great off topic posts. At least for me the reason I come back to styleforum 5 times a day.(let's be real 10 times a day)

So no more thirfting

No more thread

At least for a few months

Best wishes thrifting to you all

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok guys

They say if you love what you do it's not work, and everyone here is pretty much addicted to thrifting. It's like the dragon always needing another grail, another find One more

just
one
more

Until you wake up and think when do I go again?

When coming at it from the mindset off it's paying $20 for. Game it's nice time

When your mind set is x dollars will get y-(x+pp+e) return it's not as fun when there are dry spots and there will be many

So I am going to focus my focus on education for a few months, and while there is no entertainment the return should be much higher hopefully

Last time I quit I focused on excersce and went from 42 to a 46 and while not satisfied with fat % I am happy with the mass gain

So to succeed I need to quit again. I really thank everyone of the thrift homies. I love the pics , the finds, the learning, the feedbacks, the great off topic posts. At least for me the reason I come back to styleforum 5 times a day.(let's be real 10 times a day)

So no more thirfting

No more thread

At least for a few months

Good luck, see you next week. ;)

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every couple weeks or so I think that, then things go back to normal. I've identified a couple managers who, I used to think knew what's up and were upping the pricing on the good stuff. On Saturday, I got fed up in one store with every pair of shoes I liked being $20 to $30, so I just started to flip all the shoes, to see what "normal" was, they were all $20 to $30. I felt rage/relief.
Ok guys
everyone else beat me to it. But, seriously, I wish you luck. If I put the energy of this hobby into playing the violin, I'd be first chair somewhere by now. (my apologies to musicians out there, allow a little poetic license)
For those of you who have made enemies on your thrift routes...
http://www.bulletblocker.com/bulupr.html
Holy ****, that's genius. Tupac would be alive today.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Value Village has a mole in this thread. I swear. Prices are skewed on items that have been popping up on this thread. I'm not crazy, I swear.

That whole company has lost track of what a thrift shop is, and the fact that **** is donated to them.

All four of their stores in CO went out of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads