• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Versace Guy

Reaction score
Thrift store in this area charges astronomical prices. Got this at half off. Zegna silk windowpan suit., no size tag, fits like a 44R.

Last edited:

dappercanadian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think your last delivery put you over the 1500lb mark. you are currently the world record holder and my post office knows you by name.
smile.gif
Holy ****... 1500 lbs! I thought I sent a lot... I'm probably at like what? 400ish?

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha that scene was pretty funny. I waited till he was taking off his tie under the bridge and paused it at the right moment just to check if the show was being genuine.
ORLY? I thought about that but was too much looking forward to him beating the **** out of this hobo
uhoh.gif

Did it show Brioni?!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

dappercanadian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

4-500 or so. those coats last year upped you pretty good.
Now I'm curious. What's you're average consignor (approximately obviously... I don't think you have the time to add up weights from everyone lol)

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I'm curious. What's you're average consignor (approximately obviously... I don't think you have the time to add up weights from everyone lol)
i'm curious about my numbers too. Probably mid 200's

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

i'm curious about my numbers too. Probably mid 200's

we can bounce this over to my thread after this, not necessary here
but jdrizzy you're probably in the 500 range too, you send lots of shoes lol

DapperE

Reaction score
Couple of the nicer finds:
Oxxford SC Green with light blue plaid Super 120s (avail ~46)

John Varvatos USA with suspenders 36" waist 35" inseam FF (avail)

Pick for me, not that I would normally pick up Jack Victor but this suit is Bamboo and feels ohh so good, cashmere like. Haven't seen much Bamboo threads is this a thing?

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RLBL

Killer pattern HSM slubby silk

My e thrift came today
Brioni cashmere/silk

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pick for me, not that I would normally pick up Jack Victor but this suit is Bamboo and feels ohh so good, cashmere like. Haven't seen much Bamboo threads is this a thing?

I think the Oxxfords an orphan in case gettin the pants maybe an option...and yea bamboo is ridiculously nice and I think what hurts it's resale or why it isn't as popular is because it's usually tagged as "rayon from bamboo" which doesn't make sense since rayon is synthetic cotton and the fabric is bamboo so I dunno, but the fabric feels amazing. I have a couple Pal Zileri Sartoriale jackets made of it and I think the rayon keyword is hurting the resale and have no idea why it's there.

Last edited:

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
Masters Tournament gear is pretty common in my area so if any of you are looking for anything, let me know. Prices are the same as any other polo shirt, $5-$7 depending on the store. I have several sweet Bobby Jones Masters shirts that I've thrifted -- $175-$195 retail for $6. Gotta love it.

If you found any of the Masters Smathers and Branson gear or vintage Masters hats I'd repay in favors of the sensual kind

LetsGetWeird

Reaction score

Sooo I was in chicago last weekend. I actually picked this up and ended up leaving it in that store...

Because I left with 3 RLBL Suits, one SC and a Peak Lapel Brown Label Canali Tux
stirpot.gif

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the Oxxfords an orphan in case gettin the pants maybe an option...and yea bamboo is ridiculously nice and I think what hurts it's resale or why it isn't as popular is because it's usually tagged as "rayon from bamboo" which doesn't make sense since rayon is synthetic cotton and the fabric is bamboo so I dunno, but the fabric feels amazing. I have a couple Pal Zileri Sartoriale jackets made of it and I think the rayon keyword is hurting the resale and have no idea why it's there.

Picked up a salmon colored canali SC a while back,
Mint condition, rayon from bamboo.
Couldn't give that thing away. Felt like freakin cashmere. Amazing coat. Sold 9.99 at auction to a flipper a county over from me, found it again at goodwill two months later

DapperE

Reaction score

The JV actually only calls out Viscose from Bamboo. Nonetheless you are right this is super swag, as noted earlier JV doesn't catch my attention but the feel on this was money and in my size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads