• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what is your weirdest thrift store interaction? I just had the strangest one I can remember.

Dude just comes up to me.
-Look at this
-I found this its a mens boom box
Shows me an old ipod mini
-I think i might give it to my second cousin
-Shes been giving me these looks
-Think it will work?
You never know man
-I mean shes not my sister
-Never with my sister

I walk away...

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless
So what is your weirdest thrift store interaction? I just had the strangest one I can remember.

-Look at this
-Think it will work?
You never know man
-Never with my sister

I walk away...

It will work,can confirm.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

-Look at this
-Think it will work?
You never know man
-Never with my sister

I walk away...

Whoa!

There’s a Salvation Army where I’ve been called the n word by two different people on two separate occasions. I’m white, btw. One of the guys who called me that was also white. That specific time was a mindfuck of an experience.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
There's an ultra strange guy that always comes in with his mom. She's maybe 65, he's 35-40. Always wears a bizarro hat that's way too small for his head, and sunglasses indoors. Duke looks straight up crazy.

Last week I found a nice silver belt buckle and was walking around the store with it when he approached me not once, not twice, but three god damn times to ask to look at it and tell me all about how much he loves silver and asking me to sell it to him. Basically had to tell him to **** off the third time in a polite way. Upon walking away he quoted a Bible verse and said God help you.

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they are legit cuz no one would fake them but mostly, they look like something you-know-who would rock with some 8 inch cuffs.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another boring post from me:

The cheap **** hater in me can't stand picking these up but they do so damn well.
IMG_7705[1].JPG

SuitSupply. Anyone know what model this is? Google is failing me.
IMG_7708[1].JPG

IMG_7709[1].JPG

For me: current BB ancient madder, anonymous MiUSA wool cardigan. Contemplating changing the buttons to a smoked MOP or horn.
IMG_7707[1].jpg

Last edited:

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Twin boys up till 2am no sleep =No estate sale for chair.

Weirdest interaction.

Seattle about three years ago or so. They were closing the big value village in capital hill area.

I'm browsing the shirts and look up to see a guy smelling all the men's underwear. He makes eye contact and I abruptly look down finish the row. I then turn and start down the other row. I get about half way and out of the corner of my eye he's standing right behind me. He says excuse me. I was like crap what does this guy want? I turn and he says Do you think it's ok to buy these? There fairly clean and barely used he says and there the good ones from the fruit company. I say I wound risk it man you never know. He says ya your probably right they might have crabs or something funky. He asks me if I would smell them and tell him what I think. I decline and he says ok well I think I'll leave these and go downstairs and look at the women's they always fit me better and they always smell better when im at home watching tv. He continues with saying and sometimes I'll buy the womens bikinis they seem like they smell better longer but thanks anyways and walks off. :crazy:

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sleeves345

Reaction score
Weirdest interaction:

Kooky old dude, nice as can be, asked me out of nowhere if I heard about the Dodge Demon. I said yeah, it's really something, politely but dismissively. He then launched into a one sided conversation about how a 700hp v8 gets better mpg than a "***-crap Civic," and explained his (extremely faulty) logic. He also regaled me some stories about his old 1969 Charger with over 700hp, his
stint as a stunt driver, pulling 3rd-gear burnouts on a local road, and to top it off, a story about the time he drove past a tornado, which then turned around to chase him, pick up the car, and put it back down on the other side of the divided highway. He ended by saying that God must have a purpose for his life since he should have died multiple times by now, and that he hopes to find out what it is soon, so he can "get the hell out of here."

I said maybe 6 words the entire time. It was surreal. I wish this had happened at a bar because under other circumstances I would have loved to hang out and hear more stories.

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stuff from yesterday, all thrift like today's

Topo, EG I'm probably keeping as I've been trying to thrift one for years, N&F japanese indigo flecked herringbone, susu tux w/buttons, drakes chambray, isaia
IMG_5431.JPG
IMG_5432.JPG

R&B - I haven't really messed with them in awhile but handmade in NYC, unis gio skinny, finally waist: inseam: and RRL not jcrew, dior MIJ raws
IMG_5434.JPG

PS, CP, C&J milton, Church's pembrey
IMG_5435.JPG
IMG_5436.JPG

CP I'm probably keeping
IMG_5437.JPG

$7.50 orphan (pop)
IMG_5438.JPG
IMG_5439.JPG

Nom nom nom
IMG_5440.JPG
IMG_5441.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads