• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I tripping, or does this tag look really suspect?

You’re not tripping. I’m thinking the same, I hope not but due to hype around the new Gucci, I wouldn’t be surprised if was Fucci.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking fake too. The 'U' on the tag is almost squared off. Quality of the printing also looks a bit fuzzy.

div25sec9

Reaction score
Hey Divsec! it's been so long. hope you are well.

I am doing well; I've just been lurking the thread, trying not to get depressed comparing my finds compared to what's posted.

I'm making a huge step though, I've quit my job and am going to be thrifting full time starting January!

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
vtg Polo by Corneliani tweed herringbone, 3-piece

IMG_7602.jpg

IMG_7603.jpg

IMG_7605.jpg

Vixx

Reaction score
Funny story.wednesday evening i stopped by a store pretty late and this lamp was in the donation room.
I asked the manager if she could price it for me but she said flat out no,processing etc etc.
I said ok.
Next morning I show up and it's gone ,figured it sold.
Went to the side of the building because I wanted a cigarette and it's just standing there by the trash compactor .
Works perfectly .
Idiots
View attachment 892509

Who is maker? First love is furniture, but I ran out of room - can be an interesting piece.

I picked up a Sarieen table last night, 35" knoll, cast iron base, stamped and stickered , hand cur and polished marble top from first year of production - drove from SF to LAX to pick it up.

With gas, I'm still at 5% of what this would cost if you could find one - still in my car; need 2 people to move.

I'm in love -

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's some more pics - let me know what you guys think - luckily the Talbott tie I just sold covers the cost in case I messed up with this one... Fabric is awesome, stitching is on point/even, but I could be wrong (won't be the first or last time)...
IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

Would much rather you guys catch me here, then get a fake claim on the bay. Sucks it doesn't fit the GF bc she wouldn't care haha.

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who is maker? First love is furniture, but I ran out of room - can be an interesting piece.

I picked up a Sarieen table last night, 35" knoll, cast iron base, stamped and stickered , hand cur and polished marble top from first year of production - drove from SF to LAX to pick it up.

With gas, I'm still at 5% of what this would cost if you could find one - still in my car; need 2 people to move.

I'm in love -

Unfortunately no.if it was it would already be in my livingroom.

Sartoriamo

Reaction score
Well, after a dry spell (trying to catch up backlog) I had to head a bit south to fight a speeding ticket, so took advantage of the wait between court sessions to check out some areas I don't normally make the drive to. Glad I did. Here's the overview:

IMG_1190.JPG

'Gamo Friar, Parigi and Dean. Minty CH bench made in England, Polo, and in front, J&M which I don't normally kop, but these were cool, Keen, Bally Taft (ostrich & peccary), new Dr. Marten's for the girls.
IMG_1191.JPG

Patagucci puffer, Polo as equestrian as it gets, F&S as thick as a blanket, two NWOT pairs of Tilley "Give 'Em Hell" pants.
IMG_1192.JPG

TNF goose puffer
IMG_1193.JPG

Theory SC, J Crew seersucker, three cheapo BB suits, two NWT.
IMG_1194.JPG

David Chu x 2, and minty Polo Made in Italy pins x 2.
IMG_1195.JPG

Vestimenta linen suit, Hickey LP, Brioni Super 180s pin. The Brioni and the four other suits in the last image were on a rack that hadn't been put out yet. Grabbed 'em before anyone saw 'em . . .
IMG_1196.JPG

Brioni x 3 and a Kitty.
IMG_1197.JPG

And that's how a speeding ticket turns into a good day!! Happy hunting!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads