• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You sure that's real wood? It's definitely not solid wood, maybe veneer, but looks more like Formica to me. Would need a close up to say for sure.

Looked up the style number and at least according to a similar ebay listing, it is a laminate top with a maple base. Serial # indicates production date of 10/16/65.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
> Nataku... is that the Minolta that takes medium format film? If so, nice catch!

That’s an older model that does 35mm and APS (with an adapter).

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You sure that's real wood? It's definitely not solid wood, maybe veneer, but looks more like Formica to me. Would need a close up to say for sure.

Looked up the style number and at least according to a similar ebay listing, it is a laminate top with a maple base. Serial # indicates production date of 10/16/65.
The top looks like a laminate, the base for sure isn't maple, but it's in amazing condition for '65. I picture this coming out of a pristine gramma's house where she always yelled at people to use coasters! Love the styling.

RFHansen

Reaction score
That’s an older model that does 35mm and APS (with an adapter).

Still nice. I've never tried that model, but it was on my list once.
A general heads up for my fellow thrifters: dedicated, i.e. non-flatbed 120 film scanners are still in demand, with the Nikon Coolscan 9000 being the top pick. Never let one pass.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still nice. I've never tried that model, but it was on my list once.
A general heads up for my fellow thrifters: dedicated, i.e. non-flatbed 120 film scanners are still in demand, with the Nikon Coolscan 9000 being the top pick. Never let one pass.

I was just checking that one out on the B&H site. If I thrifted one of those, I’d be tempted to break out my Bronica SQ-Ai after 11 years of it sitting on a shelf in my office.

ark8712

Reaction score
I was able to run out late this afternoon and hit 1 thrift store. Lucky me, they had just restocked the ties. PPU $2.00
Talbot 7 Fold, Armani, Armani, Zegna

20171021_202545.jpg

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
My reasoning (Rationalizing) for not raking leaves is that fall is a natural process which may (or may not) feed essential nutrients to the grass/soil in which it was fertilized upon.

With that being said, if you need something to occupy your time...besides hit thrifts...rake leaves.

Heider

Reaction score
IMG_9398.JPG

IMG_9399.JPG

IMG_9421.JPG

Basic stuff for myself.
IMG_9396.JPG

First time I´ve ever spotted a Hermes - tie from far away. A weird skill to develop, considering the fact I don´t really wear ties.
IMG_9400.JPG

Bally Goodyear welt
IMG_9402.JPG

Leather and wool varsity jacket.
IMG_9430.JPG

POP on Barena, the thing is seriously lightweight
IMG_9426.JPG

Lardini Suit, Reiss jacket
IMG_9424.JPG

Gieves & Hawkes, the material is really nice.
IMG_9458.JPG

3 suits. The Su Misuras make me feel bad for the Z Zegna.
IMG_9438.JPG

Ethrifts, OrSlow army chinos and EG TF jacket (was NWT). I can´t front - paid up for them.
IMG_9454.JPG

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So possibly a stupid question, but say I was looking at a label just like that on a 100% cashmere overcoat. Whats the most I should be willing to pay if I'm looking to flip?

Just asking... you know for research purposes... :hide:

My scarf is made by loro piana. If you found a LP cashmere coat, go back immediately. But the odds are you saw a coat with LP fabric on it and is probably a pass.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads