• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine is a T & A Saville Row linen...the best... thanks Purp for sending it my way!

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine is a T & A Saville Row linen...the best... thanks Purp for sending it my way!

My pleasure. I’m glad it went to a good home! but I meant your black watch! Like John’s.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
@Purplelabel: I'm not sure you really want advice, but I would be careful unless the tailor has already started. I see a couple of issues with the shoulders, namely, they're too big.

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 16.32.49.png

The arrows point to the problems. Your natural shoulder ends and then the sleeve head begins. Taking in at the center-back like that will likely clean it up, but you may still be left with a jacket that feels 1/2 size or more too big. You can also see under the arms where you'll need to take it in at the chest from the side seams.

It could turn out just fine, but it may also be that you keep it in your closet but don't wear it as much because of the small issues. That said, I often like the fabric choices for the Z Zegna line.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Purplelabel: I'm not sure you really want advice, but I would be careful unless the tailor has already started. I see a couple of issues with the shoulders, namely, they're too big.

View attachment 860953

The arrows point to the problems. Your natural shoulder ends and then the sleeve head begins. Taking in at the center-back like that will likely clean it up, but you may still be left with a jacket that feels 1/2 size or more too big. You can also see under the arms where you'll need to take it in at the chest from the side seams.

It could turn out just fine, but it may also be that you keep it in your closet but don't wear it as much because of the small issues. That said, I often like the fabric choices for the Z Zegna line.

The shoulders fit like a glove, my drop shoulder is probably causing the bumping which the tailor said will flatten out once altered. When the back is trimmed, we’ll work the arm slimming and shoulder issues (if any remaining).

It’s a too cool of a jacket not to do anything with.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Zegna aint no blackwatch bro. Mine is Abercrombie vintage in wool.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Oh I know, it’s a 42” being slimmer down to a 40”. But If it’s not slim enough, then we’ll do the sides.

As @HansderHund said, just say if you aren't interested in discussing it, but it looks like you'll still have excess material under the armpit. And as for slimming from the back seam, I'm thinking about the potential for problems of front/back balance, as the front ends up being larger than the back when you're done.

Also, does anyone recognize this label?

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

stevenkmason

Reaction score
Week 2 of estate sale addiction

35 year old belt sander will help with my boot making endeavors
RhFGoz5.jpg

@SpooPoker or anyone else. Did I pass on anything good with these furs? I could easily go back, it's 5 minutes away. Priced around $50 each.

This thing weighed at least 30 pounds (not exaggerating) and was a heavy wull with these furs (minks?) inside with the tails still attached, which was terrifying.

5NvaOj0.jpg

yyajyEL.jpg
JYYlInL.jpg

These were all real fur, but not sure what. No makers tags.
B0UvdAb.jpg

aecf8fJ.jpg

ePVc0iw.jpg

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Week 2 of estate sale addiction

35 year old belt sander will help with my boot making endeavors
RhFGoz5.jpg

I totally applaud that endeavor. I'm trying to make my cobbler fees a little less with some similar power tools. That thing will come in handy with those boot soles.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey military-inclined guys, can I get an assist with this label? Admittedly, my Google-foo is failing me today.
It a B-15D. But, I can't get anywhere past that. I notice that the wings on the "Air Forces (plural?)" logo are not symmetrical. That pings my OCD odd-ometer.

DSC_2525.JPG
DSC_2524.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads