• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I passed on a pair of Kiton jeans (tag said made in China?). They were ugly as sin, but after checking eBay prices , maybe i should have picked them up.. Are they desirable?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And... how did I do? All of these have the correct stitching in the old school method, and are all made in the US. Some are Hanes, some Fruit of the Look, and some are Screen Stars...

Fila #1 is some solid Boyz N Tha Hood style steez, but Fila #2 straight-up dooooope!*

Coke T is pretty solid, I'm guessing. The 90210 lookalike is one that would have me shaking my fists if I found it.

I'd grab the cat one but wonder if I'd made a mistake...

The rest look meh and appropriate for Etsy grinders only, though I could be wrong.

*i have never said this word out loud.

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I defer to the experts there.

So... first stuff that I know is good.

New, available, size 10 View attachment 818835
View attachment 818836

Super dope frames
View attachment 818837
View attachment 818839

And... how did I do? All of these have the correct stitching in the old school method, and are all made in the US. Some are Hanes, some Fruit of the Look, and some are Screen Stars Best.

View attachment 818841
View attachment 818842
View attachment 818843 View attachment 818844 View attachment 818845

No expert here but fila ones are fire.

JohnAAG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few gems from the week, didn't get out much.

Dirty SF suede

Mashburn and Rugby RL khakis

Rugby RL Indian Madras shirt

and the biggest find in a long time, a silk Stefano Ricci shirt, Large. Rarely go to this GW, it was 50% and about to age out LOL. Not sure I want to list this one myself.
Can ask about the size on that madras?

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aldens in rough shape. If you’re a 10.5 D or 12 B and feel like doing a restoration job get at me.
IMG_1074.jpg

Going through records I had in storage as we get ready to move. Don’t think I ever posted these. Singles are Jesus Walks, Hey Ya, Change Clothes and a few others not pictured. Got doubles of some.

Not pictured: Art Blakey Night in Tunisia on Blue Note
IMG_1072.jpg

Also I must have found this five years ago but tonight noticed a card tucked in the sleeve. Check it out.
IMG_1069.jpg
IMG_1071.jpg

Edit: And a thrift fit. Zegna linen shirt. I’ve since realized it looks better unbuttoned with a tee. Pants are Dries Van Noten (not thifted).

dries.jpg

Last edited:

aging in rhythm

Reaction score
You guys think this a bootleg or nah? tag is missing. No Moz left behind. Size M.

I don't know much about Harley tees but I thought this was cool and worth a gamble at 99¢. Medium

Recent Polo, size 9. Not my size and not sure how well they flip but they were too nice to leave behind. Insides are buttery soft

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Mr. Moo If for reselling, I would have probably only grabbed the Fila shirt with the pink lettering. As a general rule (at least mine), shirts from events are usually valueless unless a biker rally, like Sturgis or a sporting event with a big name athlete or sponsor attached to it (i.e. Michael Jordan, Nike etc..)
It's different if you're someone that has a presence or a following on etsy/ebay and you're basically a tastemaker for the people who follow you and are willing to pony up for the items you're curating. Or if you have or are selling to a brick and mortar shop. I've found that random shirts from places, events and such can be super awesome and get next to nothing for traffic and price. I've always chalked it up to people not knowing it exists, so they aren't searching for it.

I collect shirts and a lot of the stuff that I buy and post here simply gets photo'd for posterity and folded neatly into a box. I save some for the possible day it becomes a "thing" and others I just compulsively buy because I have a sickness of the mind that doesn't allow me to leave cool vintage shirts behind.

Help.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Nataku @Pierson v Post Can you help me with anything besides "Green army pants" on the pants? :) Are they really from 1951? Any value?

+1 on what @leftofthedial said. Korea-era stuff just doesn't seem to have a big collector base. They are great pants through and still hard to find due to their age. Probably $30-$40. Maybe less if the market has dropped like a lot of other stuff. Sold a couple unworn pairs for $60 several years ago.

That Hot Tuna shirt is awesome!

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Canyon TMNT is not the one youre looking for (no vintage shirts have printed tags, only paper hang tags).

Not a Borrelli, but it WAS the TMNT I was looking for.

I never did drugs (except for an occasional inhale), but I thought it a nice little present to myself for 4 years of sobriety.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads