1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Hey @SpooPoker - we just had someone test this from an Apple machine, in Photos, and you can append multiple files using ctrl-select, then entering them as a big batch.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I had the screenshots on my desktop and I tried to multi-select and it would not let me. So I moved the images to Photos in a folder and same thing. It allows you to select more than one but the post is only showing one. Also I should note that it does not allow you to select more than one image from desktop, only in Photos (which still does not work) Look :

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 7.53.34 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 7.53.50 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 7.54.22 PM.png

3. vexco

vexco Senior member

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Per my previous post, yes, you can select multiple photos but the post only shows one (ref my multi image post, where those two errant images show under my text that I cant delete. That was from two attempts at multi - selecting images but only one uploads.

5. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

IMG_4502.jpg

6. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

That BB OCBD is sweet Spoo!

It seems like the easiest photo upload method is just to drag and drop the image files right into the post editor from your desktop.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017 at 5:25 PM
  7. JohnAAG

JohnAAG Senior member

@SpooPoker and @LA Guy Post gifs as an image (little mountain icon) not as media

[​IMG]

admin likes this.
  8. 330CK

330CK Senior member

IMG_7453.JPG

no exciting finds today but I did follow this person for about a mile to get a shot of their license plate.

double00 and JohnAAG like this.
  9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Oh right. @SpooPoker - I remember now. Yeah. On Huddler, the only two "media" possibilites were um... youtube and vimeo, iirc. It's a common way to prevent malware ridden files from being loaded from some torrent, or other dicey site.

10. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member Admin

Correct. Embedded media is for posting videos. Those have tricky requirements re: the html container surrounding it, and can be a vector for malware, so six sites are built-in by default. If we need to add others we can.

11. admin

12. double00

double00 Senior member

lmao on a buick regal!

330CK likes this.
  13. admin

@SpooPoker Just posted that from my macbook pro in one fell swoop. Hit "Attach File or Images", select multiple photos using Ctrl+click or shift+click. Post some text, and just hit reply. You don't have to hit the thumbnail or full image buttons at all.

If you'd like I can arrange a screen sharing session with you via PM. Just let me know, and we'll get you sorted.

14. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

Huge congrats. Getting that news is such a good feeling.

I'm waiting on an offer that probably won't happen. I interviewed with a pharma company five weeks ago today. They flew me out to Chicago, put me up in a nice hotel and I thought I crushed the interview. Today was the fifth and last follow-up email/call. No response to any of them. I can take a no but being ignored is so much worse.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017 at 6:01 PM