• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mostly e thrifts.

LVC x2. Both gone already

Burb

Love this marital aid tweed

RRL house dress, couple RRL shirts and a dope bay meadows LVC

The house dress

NWT selvedge shooting shirt

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure (perhaps not), you are looking at something I saw this weekend (looks like the same store, same name of store anyway).
Was it in the "medium" section.

I know Vicuna is a thing, but didn't know enough to know if that jacket was a "kop" or not. Feel free to educate me.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vicuna is one of the worlds rarest and most expensive fibers.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

From my thousands of miles away I like to imagine you rock up to the LuxeSwap store in this and just give directions from a thrifted throne in the middle of the shop floor.

If you'd like to schedule an appointment, I can appease.

Does anybody know anything about surveying instruments? I picked this up yesterday, no makers stamp, and it's really heavy for its size. Very well made too. Sorry for the Ipotato pic.

Hey, I used that when I played Myst! That was at the top of the lookout tower, right?

Last night, I dreamt that I went to the LuxeSwap store. In the dream it turned out that Spoo was actually Freddie Prinze Jr. and he told me that he would never in a million years wear used clothing. All of the employees were like 1-2 foot tall imps and rode around motorized carts, yelling at people to get out of their way. It was ******* awesome.

I love my ******* oompa loompas.

But seriously, another Spoo dream? What is up with that?! I spend more time on SF than anyone and I don't think Ive ever had a SF dream.

Vicuna is one of the worlds rarest and most expensive fibers.

Truth. But those HK based "bespoke" mixes of vicuna and wool or even vicuna and cashmere usually feel like **** and I would be pretty surprised if they contained actual vicuna. Not ******** on the find at all, I would have taken it - but its not really the vicuna you're looking for. You want either black, navy, or natural solids, usually used for outerwear and not suits, and they should be pure.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Vicuña are cousins to llamas and alpacas, they aren't domesticated. They starve themselves in captivity. In order to harvest their wool, you have to catch one, shear it and release it. It's an incredible amount of work (obviously) to get a small amount of wool. The wool itself is lightweight and warm, making it desirable. Vicuña are protected and you couldn't get the material for a number of years.

For all of these reasons, it's expensive. Even a small amount of vicuña in a modern garment (~5%) is still advertised with a tag.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
let me see if my reading paid off.

Im going to guess no. That is a Cortez but a recent one. The computerized tag on the inside should have the date on the bottom - the good Cortez are before those tags, and especially the ones that Forrest Gump wore.

How'd I do?

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't quote me on this, but I believe I read that you cannot get "true" ancient madder anymore because one or more of the original dyes used was found to be toxic. The only way to get the real deal is to go with vintage.

The same goes for bleeding madras. The real stuff has carcinogens used in the production process. Then again, what does it madder?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Im going to guess no. That is a Cortez but a recent one. The computerized tag on the inside should have the date on the bottom - the good Cortez are before those tags, and especially the ones that Forrest Gump wore.

How'd I do?

i'd add that there's a very healthy market for repros if they're some rare dope colorway or one of the fabled LOOKSEE samples or something.

one of those Round 2-type joints opened up in my town so now one of my local shops is full of dope-ass fakes. boo.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these the Nike I am looking for?

They are, they're Cortez's in the original colourway of the shoe. These were made in 2008.

How'd I do?

He dun good. The shoe was a joint effort from Onitsuka & 'Blue Ribbon Sports' (Name before Nike)

From my 'Golden Kicks, the shoes that changed sport' book.

"When it came to naming the shoe, the name Aztec was chosen to honour to host city of the upcoming Olympic Games. When Adidas released the Azteca Gold, they threatened to sue unless the name was withdrawn. With his characteristic dry wit, Bill Bowerman suggested 'Cortez', after the Spanish conquistador who conquered the Aztec empire"
(Late 60s/Early 70s)

Another reason why I love Nike.

@Bahljs isn't the only sneaker freaker here ;)
peepwall[1].gif

Chotii

Reaction score
I figured if anyone can appreciate a solid black wool peacoat - even one made for a fashion doll - it will be you gents. My weekend project.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ From the thumbnail at the top of the page I almost thought someone photographed a good peacoat and had stabbed knitting needles through the front for some reason. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads