1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SpooPoker, May 18, 2015.

1. dahl5yankees

dahl5yankees Senior member

[​IMG]

picked this up today, available

6 people like this.
  2. mainy

mainy Senior member

some of the highlights from this week...

kiton jacket. wool cashmere silk. 1/4 lined. easily the nicest kiton piece i've ever found, PERFECT condition. $8.99
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Awesome vintage star g1 jacket. made in 1966. had to pay up at $30, probably not much meat on this one but i thought it was cool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

year old oxxford linen jacket. $9.99
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

cool gant jacket. $12.99
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

perfect condition dual exhaust roma jacket. $9.99
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sweet brooks fitz moon tweed. $6.99
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

zegna napoli couture 15milmil15 suit. literally feels like cashmere, thought this was a brioni when i touched it. $19.99
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

basic dual exhaust super 120's corneliani. $14.99
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

zegna 15milmil suit. $14.99
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

older zegna, but 38 and dual vent,and 6x4, so why not. $20
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

suit supply flannel in the ever rare 34r. may keep this for myself. $12.99
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mint zzegna city fit. $14.99
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

this has a special place in my heart... igot my start on ebay in 2003 selling import video games. lots of sega saturn games! i'd reckon this is from the early 90s - made in usa sega varsity jacket. not sure what it's worth, i guess we'll find out. $14.99
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

some ties.. $3 a pop
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nothing available, sorry guys - too much work to sell it from my house, check ebay link in my sig, that's where it all ends up in about a month

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    28 people like this.
  3. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Quite the shitshow today, rare sight indeed!

Love that E. Marinella! Nice finds all around!

1 person likes this.
  4. mainy

mainy Senior member

me too - I was shocked to find it lumped in with a plethora of other crap ties at a small store with low turnover. just shows that you never know unless you go through every...single...item

2 people like this.
  5. JohnAAG

JohnAAG Senior member

Question: has anyone heard of Calzaiuoli leather factory? Any comments on quality? Did a search and only found info on trip advisor. Thanks!

6. impuntura

impuntura Senior member

Quote:Me and you both still waiting for a quindodildo.

7. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Those are always some of the best finds. I happened to do the same thing a couple of months ago. It was a small town and they had maybe 16 ties on the rack, nearly all polyester goodness from the '70s. The two that looked decent: Marinella and Hermes. Bizarre.

8. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Senior member

Zegna
    [​IMG]
    Ferragamo
    [​IMG]
    Church's
    [​IMG]
    Filson moleskin
    [​IMG]
    Zegna swetaters, black is current label?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Skeet
    [​IMG]
    Awesome Alan Paine explorer series
    [​IMG]
    Alan Paine Cashmere
    [​IMG]
    Oakley x2
    [​IMG]
    Pretty good day

7 people like this.
  9. mainy

mainy Senior member

it's so weird. i have thrifted probably thousands of ties but never one of those. i've never even SEEN one, like, even marked up to unpurchasable levels. i guess this is my white whale.

1 person likes this.
  10. dappercanadian

dappercanadian Senior member

Harry Rosen Outlet usually has a few around here for about $150~ CAD

11. MJMcRibb

MJMcRibb Senior member

You shoulda stayed in KC, then. I've found 3 here. Tell you what; you send me that purple Kiton and I'll send you the one I still have. I'll even staple a $2.99 price tag right through the fattest part of the blade so it still feels thrifted [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  12. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Finally found something worth buying. Was pretty thrilled to see these guys as I was about to walk out of the store empty-handed.

[​IMG]

10 people like this.
  13. Woofa

Woofa Senior member

Ethrift just arrived. Thanks to all who advised on this. Really a beautiful, heavy well made piece. Very happy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11 people like this.
  14. leisurewear

leisurewear Senior member

greetings from across the pond! wife and i's first europe trip together. have been in london for 6 days and heading to scotlant tomorrow for another 4. it's been great! @Purplelabel saw your offer to meet up but we didn't have any free time this go around, sorry! took a few hours to take a quick thrift route while my wife napped. initial reactions: it's nice to be able to take public transportation and have 5 stores within walking distance, prices are super high (one store had all ties marked at 10 lb+, irrespective of brand), so...much...zara. only kopped one thing, susu solid orphan for $16 USD. passed on some borderline stuff, not worth the hassle for the minimal margins [​IMG] loving the trip so far though, here are some pics in case anybody cared. excited for edinburgh!!
    [​IMG] rocking the man 1924 via luxeswap @SpooPoker [​IMG] [​IMG] burger king was very disappointing. as were the ritz crackers and skittles we bought. complete nonsense and nothing like the states [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] my wife got a barbour. thanks brexit. exchange rate made it a pretty good deal (180 lb after VAT discount @ a $0.80 conversion). at orvis of all places lol [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] there was some event that day and we ended up getting a glimpse of the queen at buckingham palace lol [​IMG] made the pilgramage to savile row/jermyn street. was cool but too surreal since 90% of the stuff was out of reach @ full retail. this was my favorite, the shell cordovan table at C&J. bought some shirts are charles tyrwhitt (where all my dress shirts come from) since it came out cheaper there than when i order them online [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

28 people like this.
  15. Fueco

Fueco Senior member

So jealous... I want to go back to Scotland so bad.

16. Woofa

Woofa Senior member

That looks like a great trip. Have fun.

17. Purplelabel

Purplelabel Senior member

This post made me so happy. Next time, make time! There's a free lunch involved! ;) I guess you went to some of out thrifts then... They're shit aren't they, you can say it. EDIT; Ritz crackers are beaut, what are you talking about? Little discs of cheesy goodness!

1 person likes this.
  18. Dirt

Dirt Senior member

@leisurewear great photos, enjoy the rest of your trip! BK and skittles comment made me lol

1 person likes this.
  19. leisurewear

leisurewear Senior member

definitely! thrifts weren't TOO bad. seemed like enough of the stuff was marked up that they see a decent amount of nice things. probably just have to be patient to wait for something to fall through the cracks. saw some canali, zegna, etro, church's, etc. regarding the ritz crackers, the american version are basically 2x the butter, 2x the salt and 2x the goodness.

2 people like this.
  20. white collar

white collar Senior member

Never had this as a kid, better make sure I test every game extensively before listing.

[​IMG]

20 people like this.