• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Don't actually get to go to stores anymore so e-thrift it is.
biggrin.gif

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A nice suit today. Recent Zegna Summer Trofeo suit made of mohair, wool and silk. My 42R size, but sadly the pants won't let out enough so probably available:

Is this the right Woolwich? The one I was looking for???

Probably not the right Woolwich but a comfy winter coat for someone of the fairer sex...

PRL brown silk cable lock pull over sweater:

Woman's Escada mom jeans:

Boys Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece shirt sz Medium if someone wants it for their kid I would be happy to proxy:

snackbandit

Reaction score
So.. I e-thrifted a LB Luxury Vintage Sorrento

Then this weekend happened..

From today:

NWOT Barba

NWT Kitty

Kitty ties

Non-vented Kitty cash

NIB Alden drop

Oh yes.

Big ups to Coach @SpooPoker for the estate sale lowdown and etiquette. This was my first.

I'm a smart guy and woke up with 2 hours of sleep at 7am the morning of with a massive hangover due to very very poor decisions the previous night, but I kept truckin.

Ended up going today as well to pick up a few other things on the cheap.

To all the estate sale veterans.. you guys would have been quite proud of my heaping pile of pre-sort swag I was able to build up. This one's for you:

RL Home. All made in Italy. Did NOT pay those listed prices.. haha!

Between the Sheets duvet cover. $999 MSRP and I picked up two of them. Looking forward to lying in this after I bathe in Perrier.

Dyson V6 Animal with all tools

Manfrotto 3205 and 190XDB with 390RC2 and 3130 heads

Mint Boss pants and wool beanies

Borrelli

Wilkes croc belt

New single button peak lapel Zegna tux

Spoo called out that these were JM Weston from the sale preview potato pictures. Sure enough, they were.

Then this..

happened.

NA on these for now.

Last edited:

rhz5001

Reaction score
Big ups to Coach @SpooPoker for the estate sale lowdown and etiquette. This was my first.

I'm a smart guy and woke up with 2 hours of sleep at 7am the morning of the sale with a massive hangover due to very very poor decisions the previous night, but I kept truckin.

Ended up going to the sale today as well to pick up a few other things on the cheap.

To all the estate sale veterans.. you guys would have been quite proud of my heaping pile of pre-sort swag I was able to build up. This one's for you:
I searched estate sales every weekend the short period I lived in LA. I went to one with a closet full of suits (100-150 suits) all abboud and lrl for $50+. Then I leave... .and this happens.

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy ****..

Also, spoo, is that Bergdorf sweater cuci? Didn't know they made some of their house label ****. Awesome. :slayer:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Then this..

happened.

:cheers:

That NWT Deadstock Vintage Polo Ralph Lauren 98% Cashmere Martini Tuxedo Bear Sweater is incredible. Keep us posted on that. :D

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, new keyword learned. Was just gonna put "classic print". My policy on Burberry has become only take it if 1) the print is visible somewhere 2) logo polo/tee 3) trench (and not "Burberrys'")
This isn't great advice to follow. Classic Burberry's trenches still do relatively well and IMO are an excellent product. If it's in good shape with belt, liner and made in England you should be able to get $100 US without breaking a sweat and $200+ isn't out of the question.

Yes, people love the Nova Check and finding those are like printing money but Burberry still has a big following. If it's thrift price, there's not much I would leave.

And finally it is usually the polos that fetch the least because they aren't all that expensive new. Most used polos end around 20 to 50 from my experience.

Keep in mind, I'm not a seller, just avid eBay lurker so your mileage may vary

Last edited:

Dirt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@spruce yes, I meant to respond to that statement about not picking up stuff just because it has the old Burberry label. Still plenty of great stuff that is older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads